• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Doctors: Mike Trout is fat

yk9001

7 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I actually was starting to think baseball players were getting more fit than they had been.

They are. For the most part, the fat guy days are done. But i also think thats america as a whole. Yeah, theres still plenty of overweight americans, but gyms are huge now. People want tl do crossfut, hike, etc etc. Food prep people are making good money to mass produce bland food.

But the old school thinking of age and height means you should weigh X is ridiculous.

I did the Midwest run from Montana through the Dakotas, Minnesota and Illinois, Pennsylvania to Virginia,  then the Southern run from there through Tennessee,  Arkansas to Oklahoma, Texas,  more desert,  more damn desert, is there no end to this damn desert, to home. 

The Northwest section seemed to be a little fitter. The further South the fatter South you got. I guess shoveling snow is more exercise than hiding in a basement from tornados. 

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

It's the butter and sweet tea that put the south over the top

We only hit a few places on the trip back but there was more comfort food on the southern route. Except for one place in Pennsylvania, Kings Family Restaurant in Monroeville. A quiet little place smack out of a 40's film about family life, the place featured a dessert called Frownies. The highlight was something they called "The Angry Mob."  We were there for an early breakfast so the slab of ham,  three eggs, hash browns, pancakes left little room for dessert. 

angry+mob.jpg

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

They are. For the most part, the fat guy days are done. But i also think thats america as a whole. Yeah, theres still plenty of overweight americans, but gyms are huge now. People want tl do crossfut, hike, etc etc. Food prep people are making good money to mass produce bland food.

But the old school thinking of age and height means you should weigh X is ridiculous.

In other news, I overheard the manager of the new Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins in Foothill Ranch say they did $13,000 in sales yesterday. 

The best part is, I can ride my bike there, get a couple of donuts, do a ride through Whittings and then ride home.  

So I went looking for the classic "Mike Trout the Blimp" thread from several years ago, but then remembered that nothing from the old AngelsWin.com is still in existence. But I did find this thread, which is from some random Texas Rangers forum, talking about how hilarious we are:

http://forum.newbergreport.com/forum/the-newberg-texas-ranger-blog/texas-rangers-the-big-leagues/11668-trout-turning-into-a-blimp

49 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

In other news, I overheard the manager of the new Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins in Foothill Ranch say they did $13,000 in sales yesterday. 

The best part is, I can ride my bike there, get a couple of donuts, do a ride through Whittings and then ride home.  

Dunkin donuts are shit. Not the shit, just dry shitty donuts. 

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So I went looking for the classic "Mike Trout the Blimp" thread from several years ago, but then remembered that nothing from the old AngelsWin.com is still in existence. But I did find this thread, which is from some random Texas Rangers forum, talking about how hilarious we are:

http://forum.newbergreport.com/forum/the-newberg-texas-ranger-blog/texas-rangers-the-big-leagues/11668-trout-turning-into-a-blimp

Strad needs to go over there a set them straight regarding In-N-Out.

22 minutes ago, IEAngelfan said:

Strad needs to go over there a set them straight regarding In-N-Out.

I read that whole thread.  I really can't believe anyone who tastes our burgers and tastes a Whataburger would ever complain about an INO Burger.  The quality isn't in the same ballpark.  Also complaints about the secret menu are stupid.  We didn't call it the secret menu, customers did.  Also adding things to our menu won't happen, unless we do it to protect our trademarks (protein style, animal style).  Texas hates INO for two reasons: one we don't have mayonnaise and two, we aren't Whataburger.  

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

Dude.  If you did the OC-Chicago drive and back I just did, I think you'd re-evaluate your position.

Lol! Well at least in cosmopolitan so cal, people are getting it together.

Some of these chicks at my gym are bad. I used to go to the gym and have dirty daydreams about the hot ones there...the current ones give me nightmares about getting to second base with them.

(Edit, im in my 30s, where second base is a handy. You younger guys may misread that where second base is male prostate milking or something)