• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's Official: Scioscia back in 2017

1 hour ago, Oz27 said:

That is silly of you. Apparently it is "ridiculously stupid" to not be happy with the terrible state of the organization and want change.

Umm..   I used ridiculously stupid playfully...   A play on what Strad said..  

So, while there is nothing stupid about being upset with the "terrible state of the organization" -- that has more to do with other people than the guy in the dugout.   He's not perfect, there are things he does that drives me batshit, but as someone that watches a lot of other games besides the Angels -- he's a world better than most.

The organization IMO is in better shape today that it was at the end of last year.  If nothing else it seems to at least be on the same page for the first time in a long time.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

What is interesting now is we are approaching the end of his contract - and I think there is a strong chance we part ways once it is up. What sort of manager are we wanting next? Who may be on the radar? There's not much in-house. 

Whoever the next manager is, the honeymoon will be short.

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

What is interesting now is we are approaching the end of his contract - and I think there is a strong chance we part ways once it is up. What sort of manager are we wanting next? Who may be on the radar? There's not much in-house. 

Don't worry -- as we have seen with the previous fulcrums of criticism (Stoneman, Kendrick), their replacements will make us forget all about them very quickly...

"the terrible state of the organization" wtf

Who makes up this shit? I'm guessing those who are trying to draw attention to themselves because they don't agree with the organizational plan. 

Relax people ...  Dipoto is long gone. Eppler now has the wheel and the healing has begun. 

Scioscia is still the best man for the manager job. Don't confuse his input on the team as power. Eppler has the power!

When Dusty, Collins, Showalter, Francona, and Bochy make up half the playoff field it makes me doubt the whole idea that the GM has to run the show. It may well be time for Mike to go but I'd much prefer a Scioscia-Eppler dynamic to a Melvin-Beane type and I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of players prefer that.

12 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I don't think Scioscia will manage beyond the last year of his contract in 2018.

Why do you think that will be the case?  He will be 60 in 2018, not nearly the oldest in baseball as a manager.  There are no signs that he won't be returning beyond his current contract.

As Strad mentioned earlier in here, Dipoto played a solid part in this flustercluck of a farm and the 2016 results.

Eppler does seem to be moving in the right direction.   Arte has seemingly learned his lesson, albeit not wanting him to go totally the other way and not spend anymore.

That plus a positive close to 2016 (25-19 record) = steps in the right direction.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, it starts with Arte and ends with Arte.  If Scioscia has too much power who gave it to him?  If you want to take away the power from Scioscia, who takes it away?  The biggest problem with this team is the minor leagues, the one part Scioscia has no say in.  

Agree.

Lack of replacement minor leaguers for those that were injured is what killed the Angels this year not Scioscia. The impact of those injuries is going to spill over to next season also because we've lost 2 and maybe 3 starters for next year.

How would the Halos have done without all of the injuries is an unknown. One thing that is clear is that after the AS break the Angels were one game over .500 the rest of way with a patch work rotation and bullpen. 

The Angels are up against the wall with the starting rotation for next year with Trop and Heaney out for the year. Richards is a big question mark, a big enough of one that I don't think he can be counted on. Not to mention that LF and 2B needs to be addressed with something better than a blow out patch.

The Angels have a lot of problems and holes and replacing Scioscia isn't gonna fix any of them.  He keeps the clubhouse mild and on an even keel, this season was a write-off by May April, with some god-awful losing runs, but they still managed to eek out 74 wins.  I'm not his biggest fan but I don't even see the point of a change right now.

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

If we had to rate Scioscia Lovers and Scioscia Haters on a scale from 1-100, I'm at about 60, but c'mon, this season was not on him.  I think he did pretty well with what he was given.  

I don't think the Angels would've made the playoffs if Jesus himself was managing. (Obviously if Jesus was healing UCLs left and right, maybe, but I'm talking without medical miracles).

To think that Jesus as acting manager, with all his healing abilities, would not heal all the injured UCLs on his own team is just... un-Christian...