• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We lost the Battle of LA

yk9001

The Los Angeles Angels were a PCL fixture since the early 1900's.  O'Malley bought them and relocated them to Spokane when the Dodgers moved to L.A. only to resurrected when Autrey was granted the franchise in '61.  Oh, and there is this nugget:

" The new Los Angeles Dodgers would adopt the interlocking "LA" cap logo of the Angels, with a color change to Dodger Blue and white."

The Dodgers bought their legacy in L.A...

10 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

The Los Angeles Angels were a PCL fixture since the early 1900's.  O'Malley bought them and relocated them to Spokane when the Dodgers moved to L.A. only to resurrected when Autrey was granted the franchise in '61.  Oh, and there is this nugget:

" The new Los Angeles Dodgers would adopt the interlocking "LA" cap logo of the Angels, with a color change to Dodger Blue and white."

The Dodgers bought their legacy in L.A...

At least "Angels" is a nickname very specific to Southern California (regardless of how Arte has twisted it for marketing purposes).  The "Dodgers" name came from dodging trolleys in New York.  Has no more to do with Southern California than a team named after the numerous lakes in Minnesota.....So, there's that...

Here is the original California Angels logo when they moved to Anaheim.

Here's the lolz:  They rejected the name "Southern California Angels" because it was too cumbersome.

Must have been rolling around in their graves if they thought "Southern California Angels" was too cumbersome, and then heard "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".

unnamed.jpg

And yet, I go to yahoo sports and its Los Angeles Angels:  http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/laa/

ESPN - Los Angeles Angels: http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/_/name/laa/los-angeles-angels

CBS Sports - Los Angeles Angels: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/LAA/los-angeles-angels

Nobody calls them that unless they are playing in Dodgers stadium

Just now, CALZONE said:

When the Angels signed Albert to that big contract I posted here that it was too much money and too many years. I was told to enjoy the ride so I guess I was wrong.

I don't remember Albert ever saying "We won the Battle of Los Angeles!" when he was signed.  

The guy is here for 5 more seasons...you might want to pace out the hate a little before you burn yourself out.