• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is it still early?

We have cornered the market on losing a season in April. My prediction 2 weeks ago was that somehow we find a way to get ourselves 20 GB by the time it's all said and done, I see no reason to alter that. I have never seen a more lifeless team, particularly one with this kind of payroll. Worst constructed club in the game...without a close second

• 2 weeks later...

The Angels went on a 3 game winning streak and the moment they lose the sky is back to falling.

Probably because that streak was against 2 terrible teams, and the road trip overall was only a split?  I guess if you want to jump for joy at that, go for it, but I don't really think a 3 game "streak" shows us anything.  If they win 8 of 10 or something like that, and actually start to show consistency in performance, then I'll have a reason to be excited.

I think early is the first 40 games or so. So yes it is early. That being said if they can be .500 after 80 games (highly unlikely), then there's a chance. Then the second half of the season they would have to be 50-30 in order to win 90 games. Not impossible if the offense turns around, but they would have to get on a roll for about 120 games. You can't really win a division in Aprul and May but it certainly appears you can lose one.

The Angels went on a 3 game winning streak and the moment they lose the sky is back to falling.

Going 3-3 against 2 of the worst teams in the AL isn't really turning anything around.

Of course Astros and the White Sox probably say the same thing facing the Angels.

Why are the mods on this site such Pollyannas and Homers? Before this fancy new site went up I don't remember them being so blatant about bashing other people's opinions or rants. Maybe I missed it over the years on the old boards? Given how awful the Angels are again this year, people are going to post negative things. We do it because we are interested in the team and want them to succeed. At least at this point we are posting something to get our feelings off our chest, we will eventually just give up and stop caring. That will mean less site traffic and posts here at Angelswin. Who wants to post good or bad things or read about a terrible team when you're indifferent? Not saying you should encourage negativity, just realize why it's there. Stifling it or calling people names will just keep people from coming here. Please note I'm not just referring to this thread. One mod in particular has been especially hostile towards anyone posting negative things.

Having been a fan since the 70's, I've seen bad teams come and go...I don't think the sky is falling cause they lost a game after winning three. It never stopped falling. We are ten games back in the middle of May. This looks like a repeat of last year which sucked. I don't expect playoffs every year but I do hope for progress. This team has not been getting better. They have been adding payroll and making changes yet everything is worse.

^ Agree! If I couldn't vent my frustrations on this board I would have a heart attack! At least with two wild card spots playoffs aren't totally out of the question. We do need Pujols, Wilson, and Hamiton to pull their heads out of their asses here pretty soon to have a chance though.