• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

9 minutes ago, DMVol said:

We are better with him right now, that's for sure....but we could also "retool" with some of the money he is owed...You replace him with a DH since he's not playing 1b anymore....Escobar or sign somebody....Not very realistic that he could be moved but younevetknow.....

He has a "don't even try to trade me" clause in his contract. He's here to stay, end of discussion. The only way to get rid of him is to pay him off and he would probably  get upset for delaying his milestones. He would be open to a trade for a few extra millions to handle his moving fees. 

25 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

He has a "don't even try to trade me" clause in his contract. He's here to stay, end of discussion. The only way to get rid of him is to pay him off and he would probably  get upset for delaying his milestones. He would be open to a trade for a few extra millions to handle his moving fees. 

Only qualification would be if he wants a chance at the postseason....not happening with the Angels this year or, likely, next year....

9 hours ago, DMVol said:

Hypothetically.....he has (by my poor math) 165 million owing on his contract starting next year...plus the 10 year personal service deal with Arte (whatever that is).....if a contender were desperate right now for some right handed pop (almost have to be an AL team because I'm not sure he could play 1b).....How much would you eat of the 165 million to move him?...Long shot, I know and I'm not advocating it....He certainly isn't Hamilton but it would be nice to have maybe half of that money to spend on re-tooling....

90% 

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Who?

His average salary is 25 million.  So please tell me who in free agency we can get?

He's going to average $28 mil in salary over the next 5 seasons but we will go with his average annual of $25 mil as counted against the luxury tax. So, in a weak free agent class like next season, guys capable of putting up .259 .322 .763 109 OPS+:

Edwin Encarnacion

Brandon Moss

Mike Napoli

Neil Walker

Justin Turner

Martin Prado

Yoenis Cespedes  (if he opts out)

Ian Desmond 

Dexter Fowler (if he opts out)

Mark Trumbo 

10 guys all capable and all available under $25 mil annually...it's not like trying to find a white buffalo

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am sure you could get someone to trade for Albert and pay at least $10 million a year.  

Half of his deal (maybe 70 mill or so) is what I was thinking....but I know that's not likely....unless a contender with an Arte like owner gets really desperate (not likely)......eating 70 mill is an ARod/Texas type of deal....

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am sure you could get someone to trade for Albert and pay at least $10 million a year.  

Name one contending team that would make a long term commitment to Albert Pujols right now. He's a DH that can only play defense in a limited role. That knocks out every National League team. 

Boston is maxed out on salary

Toronto doesn't need him

Orioles don't need him

Indians don't need him

Tigers don't need him

Royals don't need him

Rangers don't need him

Mariners don't need him

Astros can't afford him

Everyone else is failing like us.

Oh and which bottom dweller would Albert approve a trade to? 

40 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

He's going to average $28 mil in salary over the next 5 seasons but we will go with his average annual of $25 mil as counted against the luxury tax. So, in a weak free agent class like next season, guys capable of putting up .259 .322 .763 109 OPS+:

Edwin Encarnacion

Brandon Moss

Mike Napoli

Neil Walker

Justin Turner

Martin Prado

Yoenis Cespedes  (if he opts out)

Ian Desmond 

Dexter Fowler (if he opts out)

Mark Trumbo 

10 guys all capable and all available under $25 mil annually...it's not like trying to find a white buffalo

Trumbo will probably be in the 20 million range and until this year in Baltimore he hasn't been significantly better than Pujols.

Napoli won't be has good because he would be playing for the Angels and not against them.

Now to trade Pujols we have to eat a large portion of his salary so let's add that into your equation.

We are paying 25 million for our left fielders this year.  And all we get now is Buss, Marte, Choi, Nava, or Ortega.

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

We are better with him right now, that's for sure....but we could also "retool" with some of the money he is owed...You replace him with a DH since he's not playing 1b anymore....Escobar or sign somebody....Not very realistic that he could be moved but younevetknow.....

If the money can be respect and invested elsewhere I agree with all of you.  But the money is spent a b day people are v suggesting we eat some of it and trade him.  That doesn't make sense.

28 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Trumbo will probably be in the 20 million range and until this year in Baltimore he hasn't been significantly better than Pujols.

Napoli won't be has good because he would be playing for the Angels and not against them.

Now to trade Pujols we have to eat a large portion of his salary so let's add that into your equation.

We are paying 25 million for our left fielders this year.  And all we get now is Buss, Marte, Choi, Nava, or Ortega.

If you limit the signing to $15 mil per season (if you subtract  $10 mil to offset trading Pujols), that basically eliminates Cespedes, Encarnacion and Trumbo, possibly Fowler.  6 guys still capable of putting up those figures in a weak free agent market 

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm not a moderator and you are a twat strutting around saying stupid shit like RISP is a false Stat. 

risp actually is a false stat, if you're trying to gauge who will be good at hitting with risp next year. it varies wildly from year to year, guys that were bad at it last year are good at it this year, and so on. but feel free to go on because i pretty much invented "fucktard". 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

What would Albert get if he were a free agent this offseason? 0.6 WAR and a 107 wRC+ for a DH with significant durability concerns suggest not very much at all. Even if I push it up a bit to allow for some team seeing a marketing benefit, I would be floored if it were above 2/35 - maybe with a third year option carrying a minimal buyout. Even that would be m hard to defend. So I think we would really struggle to find someone to take on $10 million per year for five years, given he wouldn't get that as a free agent. Obviously this is zero chance of happening, but we'd have to eat more than that to trade him.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

risp actually is a false stat, if you're trying to gauge who will be good at hitting with risp next year. it varies wildly from year to year, guys that were bad at it last year are good at it this year, and so on. but feel free to go on because i pretty much invented "fucktard". 

Yep. Pujols might suck with RISP next year. Or he might be really good. It's a wild fluctuation which we shouldn't read much into. It's a random subset of 150-200 PAs out of 500-600 for most guys. 

3 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

If the money can be spent again (respent?) and invested elsewhere I agree with all of  you.  But the money is already spent and people are suggesting that we eat some of it and trade him.  That doesn't make sense.

Decoded

In case I've missed something, I don't see anyone suggesting that. People, including myself, are having hypothetical discussions.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Name one contending team that would make a long term commitment to Albert Pujols right now. He's a DH that can only play defense in a limited role. That knocks out every National League team. 

Boston is maxed out on salary

Toronto doesn't need him

Orioles don't need him

Indians don't need him

Tigers don't need him

Royals don't need him

Rangers don't need him

Mariners don't need him

Astros can't afford him

Everyone else is failing like us.

Oh and which bottom dweller would Albert approve a trade to? 

Boston is never maxed out on salary