• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

58 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Hypothetically.....he has (by my poor math) 165 million owing on his contract starting next year...plus the 10 year personal service deal with Arte (whatever that is).....if a contender were desperate right now for some right handed pop (almost have to be an AL team because I'm not sure he could play 1b).....How much would you eat of the 165 million to move him?...Long shot, I know and I'm not advocating it....He certainly isn't Hamilton but it would be nice to have maybe half of that money to spend on re-tooling....

2nd best offensive  player on the team and we need to dump him.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

i could have predicted your answer....Yes, he is....but he's also owed a boat load of money and it was merely a hypothetical....

No one us doubting that he is over paid.  However before we "eat" money and possibly trade him let's ask this question:  Who replaces hin?

4 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Albert has been very productive this year on a very bad team and for what ever reason his WAR doesn't reflect it. It's one reason I don't put a lot of stock in it not to mention it's flawed. Not that it isn't useful because it is, WAR is just one tool in the box but the constant use of it as though it's the holy grail is nonsense imo. 

The Angels have one of the worst records in baseball and you are surprised Albert's WAR is so low? 

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Last year - Albert sucks. Leaves everyone stranded on base. Can't handle pressure situations. Not clutch. 

This year - Albert sucks. Risp and RBIs are false stats. He doesn't play D And hits too many homers and not enough doubles and triples. 

Those two are not mutually exclusive.

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

How the fuck does Blarg have as many likes as I do? You people are fucking stupid and should probably play with your fucking wieners in fucking traffic.

I like Blarg's posts, but I liked yours too so I'm an equal opportunity liker. Whenever I have the opportunity...

Oh, never mind.

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

Hypothetically.....he has (by my poor math) 165 million owing on his contract starting next year...plus the 10 year personal service deal with Arte (whatever that is).....if a contender were desperate right now for some right handed pop (almost have to be an AL team because I'm not sure he could play 1b).....How much would you eat of the 165 million to move him?...Long shot, I know and I'm not advocating it....He certainly isn't Hamilton but it would be nice to have maybe half of that money to spend on re-tooling....

i know it's hypothetical but it'll never happen, arte has already put nonrefundable deposits down for the 3000 hit and 700 homerun parties.  

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

No one us doubting that he is over paid.  However before we "eat" money and possibly trade him let's ask this question:  Who replaces hin?

We are better with him right now, that's for sure....but we could also "retool" with some of the money he is owed...You replace him with a DH since he's not playing 1b anymore....Escobar or sign somebody....Not very realistic that he could be moved but younevetknow.....