• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

His contract from now until it expires will be an absolute rip off. 30 million for a guy with a 0.6 WAR? Terrible.

But at least he's driving people in and hitting bombs. Could be worse. If he could put up at least decent numbers from now until he retires, I can live with that.

Is this true ... 0.6 WAR this season?

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Is this true ... 0.6 WAR this season?

Albert has been very productive this year on a very bad team and for what ever reason his WAR doesn't reflect it. It's one reason I don't put a lot of stock in it not to mention it's flawed. Not that it isn't useful because it is, WAR is just one tool in the box but the constant use of it as though it's the holy grail is nonsense imo. 

6 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Albert has been very productive this year on a very bad team and for what ever reason his WAR doesn't reflect it. It's one reason I don't put a lot of stock in it not to mention it's flawed. Not that it isn't useful because it is, WAR is just one tool in the box but the constant use of it as though it's the holy grail is nonsense imo. 

I'm no WAR expert, but based on Albert's AVG, OBP, OPS, lack of extra base hits other than HRs, and DHing most of the time, one could understand him having a low WAR.

Right, I guess? Doc?

Edited by Dick B Back
Phone typo.

15 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

It's downright pathetic that a moderator here acts the way you do, with the name calling and so on, and it's deemed okay.

I'm not a moderator and you are a twat strutting around saying stupid shit like RISP is a false Stat. 

7 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

WAR is a abomination/mockery for evaluating a players worth on a team. It's there for the fans ... I would think those in the profession stay far away from using it for evaluation purposes. 

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

haha Mr. Grumpy pants back at it again.

Why do you always have a stick up your ass?

Calling someone a fucktard is an opinion, not a fact. 

AW is loaded with opinions, some of which we will tend to agree or not agree with.

Those that visit and post on a message board that can't enjoy some light hearted name calling should go home to their mom.

I've seen Arte called worse than a fucktard on this board... all day, everyday.

I personally like the word fucktard and wish posters would call me that on AW as often as they wish because most are just dicks anyway... See what I did there?

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I agree with you. Fucktard is a great word.

That doesn't change the fact that Blarg always has a wiener up his butt.

That's why he's one of my favorite dicks on AW. He just can't help himself and that is what makes AW fun. We have to have fun somehow since its not happening watching the Halos this year.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Blarg insults with out reading.

He also says you can't evaluate a player with out going to the stadium and watching him play every day.

And he has the nerve to call people fucktards.

Weird.

He also said our exhibition game results against the Cubs prior to this season showed they weren't very good and claimed it would have some carryover effect on the start of the season proper. That was fun.

Hypothetically.....he has (by my poor math) 165 million owing on his contract starting next year...plus the 10 year personal service deal with Arte (whatever that is).....if a contender were desperate right now for some right handed pop (almost have to be an AL team because I'm not sure he could play 1b).....How much would you eat of the 165 million to move him?...Long shot, I know and I'm not advocating it....He certainly isn't Hamilton but it would be nice to have maybe half of that money to spend on re-tooling....

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Hypothetically.....he has (by my poor math) 165 million owing on his contract starting next year...plus the 10 year personal service deal with Arte (whatever that is).....if a contender were desperate right now for some right handed pop (almost have to be an AL team because I'm not sure he could play 1b).....How much would you eat of the 165 million to move him?...Long shot, I know and I'm not advocating it....He certainly isn't Hamilton but it would be nice to have maybe half of that money to spend on re-tooling....

$140 million remains ($26m, $27m, $28m, $29m, $30m) plus the $10m for personal services.

If he can put up 2-3 more seasons like this one (without the bad April), I would be a happy camper.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

$140 million remains ($26m, $27m, $28m, $29m, $30m) plus the $10m for personal services.

If he can put up 2-3 more seasons like this one (without the bad April), I would be a happy camper.

I'd be thrilled if we could get 2/3 more of this type of season out of him too (and it may be possible so long as he DH's) but just for giggles, if somebody was desperate enough before the Sept 1st playoff roster deadline, what would you consider eating to move him?  Or would you rather just keep him?

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I would be happy with that also but I'm not confident that Albert will be physically able to duplicate this season three years from now. I hope he does but I think he'll be at the end of his road health wise. Maybe he'll get healthy and fool us all but I won't be holding my breath.

51 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

He also said our exhibition game results against the Cubs prior to this season showed they weren't very good and claimed it would have some carryover effect on the start of the season proper. That was fun.

Love to see that post if you can find it because I was hospitalized at the start of spring training and on some excellent drugs.