• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good grief....

DMVol

40 minutes ago, Dochalo said:I'll mentally file this under 'so what' between 'who gives a shit' and 'como?'

The problem to me is that it is symptomatic of how we've gotten in the mess we're in...Ignoring every other FA but wasting time on ...Michael Jordan Part Deuce?....But you can disagree...maybe it is insignificant...

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

if someone signs tebow, and that's a big if, then i'll make a prediction that he never makes it out of A ball. baseball is too hard. you can't pick it up professionally later in life.

Its not like he just learned to swing a bat. He played in high school. Who knows what'll happen. Maybe he's been training the last year plus on this since he got out of football. What's the worst that happens? Nothing oh well. 

36 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Its not like he just learned to swing a bat. He played in high school. Who knows what'll happen. Maybe he's been training the last year plus on this since he got out of football. What's the worst that happens? Nothing oh well. 

exactly my point. played in high school? good for him. you think that means jack squat in the pros? it means you can coach little league.

he's been training the last year, maybe? well, sheeeiit, sign him up!

like i said, IF anyone signs him, then i predict he'll never make it above A ball. he's done as a professional athlete, other than arena league or canadian football.

as far as what's the worst that could happen? i never said bo diddly about having a scout there or signing him. i couldn't care less about whether some team does or doesn't sign him.

If he was picked up and developed by some other team for a reasonable cost, eventually had success at the MLB level and the Angels had never bothered to attend a free evaluation session, the "f'n Arte/Eppler" posts around here would be epic.

It's free.  It's a couple hours.  The scout might get his autograph for Arte.  There is no downside.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

That's fine....so long as the same scout is at the workout for the next Yoan Moncada or Yulieski Gourriel. And that's not happening.

How do you know they are not?  Now, I'm not "in the industry", but I would assume the conversation wouldn't be:

Scout#1:  "Hey, Tim Tebow is holding a workout.  Should we scout it?"

Scout#2:  "I don't know.  Even though we have a network of scouts, we only scout one player at a time...that's our motto...that's our creed."

Scout#1:  "You're right...forgot we only hyperfocus on one potential signee at a time.  I guess we can cancel that one scouting trip to check out that one outfielder at that high school in Modesto we were all going to..."

Scout#2: "Yes, assemble the team...everyone will need to be there as always"