• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Angels the most "hopeless" team?

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Exactly why I don't get why people here bitch that Arte doesn't spend enough money. He's a very big spender compared to many MLB owners. Our fans are spoiled. They continue to covet the next Buzz Lightyear every off season.  

Because he spent and got us into this situation, he should spend and get us major league players while the minor leagues are rebuilt.  The minors were basically ignored for the last 5 years.  He also has the largest TV contract of teams that don't own their own station.  

Blarg had a good point on this in a thread a little while back.   It is important to develop a balance going forward in how the freed up money these next two off-seasons is spent, between rebuilding the farm (including increased Latin America emphasis), strategic acquisitions (mainly normal valued pitchers/LF), and resigning your best valued players long term.  

That is how the Cards have been successful for so long.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Blarg had a good point on this in a thread a little while back.   It is important to develop a balance going forward in how the freed up money these next two off-seasons is spent, between rebuilding the farm (including increased Latin America emphasis), strategic acquisitions (mainly normal valued pitchers/LF), and resigning your best valued players long term.  

I think that's a great idea AO but if people think that this team can be playing at championship level during the "Trout Window" they're dreaming. We blew a huge opportunity in 2014 with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That ship sailed.

Claude is there a chance you could come back after we are competitive again.  Reading how shitty we are with each and every post for the next few years will make me do my impersonation of that cat we saw at the game a couple months back.  It is hard enough reading your nonsense when we are pretty good, but reading it when we are bad is just dumb.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Claude is there a chance you could come back after we are competitive again.  Reading how shitty we are with each and every post for the next few years will make me do my impersonation of that cat we saw at the game a couple months back.  It is hard enough reading your nonsense when we are pretty good, but reading it when we are bad is just dumb.  

Can you please PM me when they're competitive again? 

Not the most hopeless but certainly one of the worst run teams in MLB right now and have been for a few years. No clue if Eppler will be any good or if Arte is still meddling into things. For our sake we better hope not or else things will continue to look bleak for this org going forward. The injuries this season didn't help but all it did was make a mediocre team into a bad one. If anything, the injuries sort of allows them to take a step back and evaluate things for this season and next season IMO. 2018-2019 should be their thinking with regards to getting things headed in the right direction.

I think the A's and Rays would qualify as two teams that may be more hopeless. No money, bad ownership, awful stadiums. I also think that both franchises get moved within a decade. 

It seem crazy to move the A's (I don't think Tampa/St. Petersburg deserves a team), but unless their owner puts up the money or Manfred can force a sale, I just think that's the end game. I also think that California has too many teams as it is. 

Personally, I'd move the A's to Montreal and the Rays to Nashville (or, maybe, Charlotte). You can make the MLB more international and put a team in the southeast where, let's face it, it's the Braves or nothing-- which, considering how big Baseball is in the South, always seemed like a mistake. The biggest obstacle is Nashville's new AAA stadium, but hell: I'd rather watch a game there any day of the week. 

15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Well, that and the Cards' "very special IT staff."

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It really doesnt seem like it was that long ago we were on the cover of espn as the best franchise in sports.

It could have potentially stayed at least close to being that way, if they a) never signed Hackilton, b) signed Beltre after 2010, c) invested in Latin America all along, and d) not been so over the top with high floor draftees.

This season might have still been non-post-season oriented, but the state of the org going forward would have looked significantly better.