• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Meyer (Positivity)

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

I'm not sure if we can expect all of our TJ guys to come back and be as good as they were before. We'd be lucky if 2 of them came back and were similar to their pre-TJ selves. I'll go out on a limb and say our 2018 rotation will look nothing like that. A lot can happen in 2 years.

This! Plus it's always better to expect the worst and prepare as if they won't be back or back to their previous ability. That way if there are setbacks you aren't left holding the bag. And if they do come back quicker or strong then you have an area of strength to deal from for areas of need. I don't think as an organization we have ever had this philosophy. But, other teams/organizations have and they have had success with it. A little pre and post planning never hurt anyone!

I think we pretty much have to pencil Meyer into the rotation next year. We need at least one other veteran starter, and probably another AAA-level player as depth. If we are really serious about avoiding the Pitching market (even though Nova seems like a reasonable target), that pretty much leaves a trade in this off-season. Angels should be entertaining (and a bit frustrating) to follow this off-season. 

My '17 SP depth chart as it stands is now:

#1-3: Shoemaker, Skaggs, Nolasco; #4-5: ???; #6-7: Meyer, Smith; #8-10: Scribner, McGowin, ???

Still need to bring in at least three SP options this spring, be it quad-AAA fillers, back of rotation innings-eaters, reclamation vets on one year deals, or ST invites.

Really need another #3-4 and another Tropeano-type prospect.