• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs are a juggernaut

44 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Seeing what they just got for Chapman, the Yankees would be wise to ship Miller out as well

Yeah but as we fully know about the Angels BP issues, it's good to have a dependable bullpen arm. 

NL Central context

The St. Louis Cardinals have not scored a run against Chapman since 2011. Chapman has had 25 straight scoreless appearances against the Cardinals with 46 strikeouts since last allowing a run to them.

Chicago will be happy to have Chapman on their side. Since his first appearance against the Cubs in 2011, Chapman has allowed six earned runs in 37 innings against Chicago (1.46 ERA) with 65 strikeouts.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

8-11 for July, playing 5 games under their Pythagorean, the Cubs may need more than a closer. Probably a new manager.

And even with that horrible stretch, they still have the best record in baseball. Not just the National league, but baseball.

Yeah...

Fire Joe.

That's the chant at Addison and Clark these days.

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

I would trade Mike Trout, Mike Scioscia and Billy Eppler for the Cubs team, Manager and front office.

Why bother, just move to Chicago.  I lived there once, then I moved here.  Sometimes you get smarter as you get older.

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I would have given Theo a blank check and unlimited power and said the organization is yours to control would you like to sign a 10 or 15 year contract. 

And Theo would have done it, and we would still lead the sports world in UCL surgeries.  He also wouldn't have been able to trade Pujols or eliminate his player or personal services contract, skip paying Hamilton, reduce payments to Wilson and Weaver, and deal with Jerry and Tony's myriad mistakes.  You might had gotten a new manager and coaching staff, but you would still have to payoff the old ones.  I doubt if he would have gotten you higher attendance, or dealt effectively with the city to fix the stadium, or move the club for that matter.

You see sometimes mistakes have to run their course, you can't make them disappear with money or by writing posts on a message board.  When you're sick or injured, it generally takes time, sometimes a lot of time to heal.  

26 minutes ago, tomsred said:

And Theo would have done it, and we would still lead the sports world in UCL surgeries.  He also wouldn't have been able to trade Pujols or eliminate his player or personal services contract, skip paying Hamilton, reduce payments to Wilson and Weaver, and deal with Jerry and Tony's myriad mistakes.  You might had gotten a new manager and coaching staff, but you would still have to payoff the old ones.  I doubt if he would have gotten you higher attendance, or dealt effectively with the city to fix the stadium, or move the club for that matter.

You see sometimes mistakes have to run their course, you can't make them disappear with money or by writing posts on a message board.  When you're sick or injured, it generally takes time, sometimes a lot of time to heal.  

Wasn't Theo signed to the Cubs before we signed Pujols? I thought he has been there 5 years maybe I'm wrong. I don't understand your comments though, where did I say Theo would have got us a new stadium or moved the Angels. When the Red Sox got rid of him and I was an owner of a team that is what I would have given him and seems likely thats what the Cubs did for him. Good for the Cubs. How is me saying something positive about Theo bashing anyone. 

Just looked it up Theo left Boston in October of 2011 and Angels signed Pujols December of 2011 so, your rambling about all the Pujols Hamilton Wilson mumbo jumbo is mute if they had Theo who knows what would have happened with all those contracts...So boom goes the dynamite.