• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs are a juggernaut

Except he isn't the type of player who has huge seasons and he didn't have one last year either.  He's a guy that does a lot of things well and was a young free agent.  

Also if that was the case and he was just a cheating contract year type of guy I'm surprised Theo the genius would sign him to that contract.  

Just think it's funny given that most of the board was clamoring on spending money on him, myself included, as one of the wisest 'big splash' FAs and that even his defense and 'little things' would make the contract worth it. And it still could be in the long run.

But holy shit, would things be ugly right now for the team and this board.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Except he isn't the type of player who has huge seasons and he didn't have one last year either.  He's a guy that does a lot of things well and was a young free agent.  

Also if that was the case and he was just a cheating contract year type of guy I'm surprised Theo the genius would sign him to that contract.  

Wow didn't even know what his numbers were this year. Man dudes fallen off the map. Anyways if you look at his numbers the previous two years he wasn't the same player he was last year. I just wonder about free agents I mean it's human nature to perform massively at the end of a contract but how many people after getting laid completely fall off the map is crazy. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on that? If a new team signs free agent what percentage play up to their career norms and what percentage fall off or perform better

21 hours ago, totdprods said:

That Heyward contract though....he's basically been Shane Robinson for them. 

If we had signed him and he started this poorly, ouch.

was just watching a  bit of the cubs game and noticed that. hes still good enough that he could finish strong, or at least bounce back next year. but yeah, ugly. youd think in that park and lineup hed be going off.

Heyward is definitely young enough to turn things around and have that contract work out. I'm not really questioning that. More and more Simmons seems to be a pretty fair comparable player. Elite defense, youth on their side, with considerable unrealized offensive potential. 

Just thinking aloud about how much anxiety it would have caused us and the team had we signed him and he started like that. We would have lost some folks to massive, anxiety-induced heart attacks.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Heyward is definitely young enough to turn things around and have that contract work out. I'm not really questioning that. More and more Simmons seems to be a pretty fair comparable player. Elite defense, youth on their side, with considerable unrealized offensive potential. 

Just thinking aloud about how much anxiety it would have caused us and the team had we signed him and he started like that. We would have lost some folks to massive, anxiety-induced heart attacks.

Remember Pujols fast start?