• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nate Smith roughed up in the Futures Game

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651307-mlb-futures-game-2016-live-score-analysis-and-top-prospect-grades

"Nate Smith (1.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K)

One of the few above-average prospects in a thin Los Angeles Angels system, Nate Smith showed the good command and four-pitch that has made him a safe bet to reach his ceiling as a No. 4 starter-type.

His changeup stood out as a plus offering and he fooled Yoan Moncada with two in a row to strike him out after failing behind 2-1. However, he simply doesn't have plus stuff overall and if he's not hitting his spots he's in trouble as we saw in this outing.

Grade: F"

Speaking of Moncada...

Calhoun, Shoemaker, Street, whoever the hell else they want for Moncada please!

Get it done Billy!

I'm so damn jealous of what the Sox are going to look like in a year or two with JBJ, X, Mookie and Moncada. Sure would be nice if we just had one guy that we could be excited about. Smith's outing was ugly and he was the one guy...

47 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Speaking of Moncada...

Get it done Billy!

I'm so damn jealous of what the Sox are going to look like in a year or two with JBJ, X, Mookie and Moncada. Sure would be nice if we just had one guy that we could be excited about. Smith's outing was ugly and he was the one guy...

I'm sure we could've had him if we felt like spending the money in the first place

56 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He was roughed up.  They reported on it, and actually said some semi-positive things about him while doing so.  What's the problem with what they wrote?

Aside from the pointlessness of grading a player based upon his performance in part of an exhibition game, nothing.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

He was roughed up.  They reported on it, and actually said some semi-positive things about him while doing so.  What's the problem with what they wrote?

Because they gave him a grade of "F". If that was simply for his one game performance (which you shouldn't base anything on in my opinion) whatever but it seemed like more of an overall grade of the player.

If I misinterpreted it fine I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Speaking of Moncada...

Get it done Billy!

Don't forget Benintendi, he might be the best of the bunch.

53 minutes ago, ettin said:

Because they gave him a grade of "F". If that was simply for his one game performance (which you shouldn't base anything on in my opinion) whatever but it seemed like more of an overall grade of the player.

If I misinterpreted it fine I'm wrong.

Pretty sure it was just a grade for his performance in the game.  Pointless, maybe, but doesn't invalidate the rest of what they said about him or the  prospects.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651307-mlb-futures-game-2016-live-score-analysis-and-top-prospect-grades

One of the few above-average prospects in a thin Los Angeles Angels system, Nate Smith showed the good command and four-pitch that has made him a safe bet to reach his ceiling as a No. 4 starter-type.

His changeup stood out as a plus offering and he fooled Yoan Moncada with two in a row to strike him out after failing behind 2-1. However, he simply doesn't have plus stuff overall and if he's not hitting his spots he's in trouble as we saw in this outing.

Based on his Future Game stats, Smith looks like he would be a perfect fit in Anaheim.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

the grade thing is stupid, but they pretty much nailed him from a bio standpoint.  

All that intrigued me about this article was that Nate Smith struck out the current #1 prospect in all of baseball. 

He's shown me enough by pitching well in his career, including the tough confines of Salt Lake and other PCL stadiums.

They almost certainly didn't even scout Moncada. 

This organization needs a helmet. The ones outside the Big A aren't sufficient. I'm talking a real thick helmet with soft padding, with a nice chin strap so it won't fall off. That way, they can bang their head against the wall while screaming about Spaghettio's without hurting themselves. 

14 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Speaking of Moncada...

Get it done Billy!

F*** Moncada, we got Mr. .367 OPS/.142 BA Baldoquin.   Send this guy back to Burlington for crying out loud.

48 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

F*** Moncada, we got Mr. .367 OPS/.142 BA Baldoquin.   Send this guy back to Burlington for crying out loud.

Man the lols.....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-20141210-story.html

"He looks like a cross between Yuniel Escobar and Adrian Beltre," Angels General Manager Jerry Dipoto said. "He has a live body, he's strong, he understands the strike zone, he has good power and he knows how to put together an at-bat.

"He's not a raw, let's-wait-and-see-how-this-turns-out projection. He looks like a major league player now. He needs a little time in the minor leagues to adjust to a new country, but he's a pretty mature kid."

Dipoto scouted Baldoquin, who bats right-handed, in the Dominican Republic for three days in late October.

But, I'm sure it was someone else's fault ... like always..

15 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Speaking of Moncada...

Get it done Billy!

I'd like to see the Angels do something creative like you suggested if they can.