• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All Angels fans won today

nate

Ideally he would have been healthy and hopefully pitched well enough so they could ship him out at the deadline for anything but he's damaged goods at this point. Shoulder problems are much worse for pitchers than elbow problems are, and the dude's about to be 36 years old? Wouldn't be shocked if his career is over tbh

8 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

And this is how to get paid and not play. Seems him and his Texas brother have something in common.

Are you a complete idiot? Try going under the knife for shoulder surgery and do the 5 weeks in a sling then physical therapy  and say,  yeah that was a better idea than going to work. 

I thought that CJ was a great signing because he had previously been a reliever and felt he had a lot of mileage left for a 31 year old.   The first year seemed to bear that out but he's been fragile ever since.  

I don't think CJ will be back unless he accepts a KMart blue light special contract.  He's got that "cerebral" personality so it's hard for me to decide how much he wants to pitch.  He seems to have other interests (i.e. cars) and with financial security I wonder if he's more interested in that.  His big paydays in MLB are probably over.

"I’ve been very upfront with coaches and staff about a willingness to modify my role [as a reliever], as well, and am 100-percent focused on returning to the field next season."

Yes, he's as bad as the guy who signed for much more money and was doing blow in his free time.