• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brazil Olympics

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Forgive me if this is a Craig.

Drivers in Rio are dealing with enormous traffic jams as "dedicated Olympic lanes" come into use on city highways. These are reserved for Olympic athletes and staff, and regular drivers get heavy fines and points on their licenses if they are caught in them.

Nope.  don't think it's a Craig.  But in the Olympics defense.  Since they did everything else shitty, including public transportation at Rio.  At least they got this right.  It would suck to be training for 4 years for your moment, and then get DQ'd because you were stuck in traffic. 

Hey, Luis, you know what will make the opening ceremonies really pop? We need to show some kind of crime by one of our local street urchins against a well know international figure.

Perfect! Why, Miguel, you troubled genius, you've done it again!

For some reason that headline makes me laugh. It's not like this is a spoiled Swedish bikini team complaining about the lack of hair dryer outlets. These athletes are from one of the poorer countries in the world and they think it's a dump. 

Well, its time to see how this thing all works out (or doesn't). Opening ceremonies are tonight. Rio is 1 hour ahead of Eastern time, but most everything will be broadcast delayed for us here in the West, which kinda sucks...

So..I did a little research on streaming coverage and other options for better networks than NBC and it's Today Show hosts, and its million hours of coverage by it's many affiliates..and this was the most helpful article I found during my searching.

Lots of useful ideas and info on various options,  VPN's (for UK and Canada broadcasts), free trails of services like sling..and links to broadcast schedules ..so hope others find this link as informative as I did. 

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-stream-the-2016-olympics-online-no-cable-requir-1784852516

Let the games begin.

I never understood why they need to have the Olympics in one country. Especially a country that is having financial issues.  If they split up events between multiple countries it would put a lot less strain on the locals and their economy. Like all the swimming events are held in the US, the track and field is held in Germany, gymnastics in Japan and so on.  This way if you apply to be a host of an event you can prepare for that one event instead of an entire Olympic games.  I can't be the first person to have an idea like this.

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I never understood why they need to have the Olympics in one country. Especially a country that is having financial issues.  If they split up events between multiple countries it would put a lot less strain on the locals and their economy. Like all the swimming events are held in the US, the track and field is held in Germany, gymnastics in Japan and so on.  This way if you apply to be a host of an event you can prepare for that one event instead of an entire Olympic games.  I can't be the first person to have an idea like this.

A big part of the Olympic competition is having young people from every country together in one place to exchange cultures and ideas. It might not be that way for most viewers around the world, but if you ask athletes that participated in the games, they say it was a huge part of the experience for them.

Might not be that way as much now, especially for athletes from first world countries, with international travel being the norm for the more affluent...but it's always been the tradition, and the hope, that bringing nations together for competition would make the world a friendlier place.

Sing along now..

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I doubt the crooked officials that discuss (extort payment and bribes from) countries desiring the Olympics will be choosing (fleecing) any more third world countries for quite a while.

in 2013 I was thinking of buying a multi-family property in Santa Catarina, but basically EVERYONE in the country said things would go south after the WC, and then even further after the Olympics.

The guy whos getting Dilma pushed out is even more corrupt than her, and its no contest, he has had a consistent sub 10% approval rating.

While the overall image of Brazil is a dangerous country (world leader in homicides [50k yearly]), the areas in the south are very safe, clean quite affordable.  I asked my friend how Zikka was treating him, his response:  Hows your SARS, H1N1, West Nile or pig flu?   

http://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/generalinfectiousdisease/55702

Only Santa Catarina in the south, and Amapá and Acre in the Amazon Basin's far west, have not reported cases of Zika infection or excess numbers of microcephaly.

I'm watching a little archery and wondering what is all that crap on their bows? Looks ridiculous.

mens bicycle road race yesterday had three riders who broke a bone through different accidents. Women are on the road right now approaching the same downhill area.

im already tired of the swimming coverage saying Katie Ledecky in every sentence.