• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brazil Olympics

3 minutes ago, nate said:

I have read a lot of pieces recently that it was by far the poorest organized Olympics these reporters had ever been to.  The housing for the reporters and athletes leaked every time it rained, no hot water, etc.

That said thankfully nobody was hurt and nothing bad really happened.

Biggest disaster of these Olympics was Ryan Lochte and Hope Solo being giant morons.

And the Rumors now are, that because of the spoiled Americans, the IOC is souring on the LA bid. 

Personally, I think the Olympics are in for a world of hurt.  US viewership is declining.  And you can't really sell the US pros to the world.  Great for the US viewers, but why would anyone else watch when your athletes have no shot?  Not to mention that the Winter Olympics is going down in a fiery mess.  What is it, Kazistan and Beijing are the only one's interested in hosting it?  And Beijing is probably the equivalent of San Diego hosting a winter olympics. 

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And the Rumors now are, that because of the spoiled Americans, the IOC is souring on the LA bid. 

Personally, I think the Olympics are in for a world of hurt.  US viewership is declining.  And you can't really sell the US pros to the world.  Great for the US viewers, but why would anyone else watch when your athletes have no shot?  Not to mention that the Winter Olympics is going down in a fiery mess.  What is it, Kazistan and Beijing are the only one's interested in hosting it?  And Beijing is probably the equivalent of San Diego hosting a winter olympics. 

The Olympic movement certainly needs to figure out how to attract hosting cities. The winter Olympics is a prime example as you mentioned. Lots of European countries bailed out of bidding, in part because of the demands the committee was making of the host cities. LA in 1984 is still an example of how to engage corporate interests to help fund the games and re-utilize existing infrastructure.

2 minutes ago, cezero said:

I'm lucky because The Olympics come in the middle of my vacation every 4 years, so I was able to get through the past 2 Summer Games without watching any network coverage.

For people who love the Olympics, but their job gets in the way of seeing live coverage of full events rather than NBC highlights, the NBC Sports App has full replays of every event that are uploaded usually within an hour of the event being over. No commercials, and much better commentators than the NBC/Universal usuals. 

Hell, I'm still watching events (Badminton finals) that I missed. Congrats to the Men's Handball winner which I saw this morning.