• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brazil Olympics

55 minutes ago, red321 said:

I don't watch a lot of ping pong...but the gold medal match between these two Chinese women is pretty friggen awesome

Did you see the girls that had a 66 hit volley? Imagine losing that point?

I'd just say f*** it and walk off 

Edited by Lou

4 hours ago, red321 said:

How is Team Handball not a more popular sport in the states? Seems like a perfect sport for short white guys who can't skate...hell I bet even Tim Tebow could play...as goalie (the field players actually have to throw)

I taught team handball as a rotation in PE class for a few years. Kids had a blast. Wish it had more traction here.

It's like the summer olympics version of curling...curling is awesome...playing curling is also awesome and a lot harder than it looks...(the oc curling club is available online, they offer free classes and it is a lot of fun)...yet you only hear about it every 4 years

4 hours ago, red321 said:

It's like the summer olympics version of curling...curling is awesome...playing curling is also awesome and a lot harder than it looks...(the oc curling club is available online, they offer free classes and it is a lot of fun)...yet you only hear about it every 4 years

i love to watch olympic curling! don't know the first thing about any of the rules, but i enjoy watching the strategy involved. 

plus, there's a fair number of good looking women who play.

If you are interested Tank, you really should check out the one of the local curling clubs. Westminster might be a touch far from you, but the OC Curling club does have events through the week including a free introductory class. It's about 2 hours and they have you do some of the basics, throwing the stone, sweeping, etc. If time permitted we would probably try and join their beginner league. They pair you with an experienced player to help you learn the rules and strategy.

http://www.occurling.com/

22 hours ago, Tank said:

I taught team handball as a rotation in PE class for a few years. Kids had a blast. Wish it had more traction here.

I learned the game as a club sport as a freshman at the University of Florida more years ago than I care to admit. Loved the sport, thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I didn't have the size or the speed for football, the height for basketball or the hand/eye coordination for baseball at the college level, but I could have been pretty good at team handball were it more widely played.

Love the emerald green diving pool, which officials claim is "totally safe". With as much adverse publicity as there has been about water-related events going into these games, you would think that someone would at least make sure that they had enough chemicals to get them through the games without an algae bloom in the pool. One American who went in the water said that they had put so much chlorine in the water trying to get rid of the algae that his eyes were burning.

On 8/10/2016 at 5:53 PM, Lou said:

In men's soccer, Argentina is out and Brazil hasn't scored a goal In 2 games? Does this mean the US has a shot at a medal? 

US didn't even qualify, couldn't get past Honduras and Colombia. Brazil finally scored in their last group stage game and qualified but Mexico is out. I want to see if Portugal soccer can continue its great year at all levels by at least getting a medal. They play Germany in the quarterfinals tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, Rob said:

US didn't even qualify, couldn't get past Honduras and Colombia. Brazil finally scored in their last group stage game and qualified but Mexico is out. I want to see if Portugal soccer can continue its great year at all levels by at least getting a medal. They play Germany in the quarterfinals tomorrow. 

ha, there was a story earlier this week about one of the venues in brazil. not sure which one, but apparently there was a german company involved in pouring the concrete for it and someone scratched in the wet concrete "7-1." when it was discovered, brazilian officials quickly had it covered up/elimintated.

apparently there's a new phrase being used in brazil for when something goes terribly wrong - "we were seven'd to one."

46 minutes ago, Tank said:

US women's soccer team can't bring home the bacon. goalie hope solo calls the swedes a bunch of cowards for not playing hard. swedish coach, who is a former US coach that led them to gold in '08 and '12, said about solo, "who gives a crap. we're in rio, and she's going home."

Hope Solo is trailer trash with athletic talent.

Glad that she's the goat of this tournament.

Hopefully she catches zika on the way to the airport.  Fuck her.