• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Grain of salt of course here but Pierre LeBrun was stated saying Toronto is interested in one of our young dmen. Montour and Vatanen ideally. Saying it would take a deal such as JVR plus 2 ticks or possibly Nylander to get Montour from us. I love Montour but holy hell I'd have him on a plane yesterday to get a deal like that.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Grain of salt of course here but Pierre LeBrun was stated saying Toronto is interested in one of our young dmen. Montour and Vatanen ideally. Saying it would take a deal such as JVR plus 2 ticks or possibly Nylander to get Montour from us. I love Montour but holy hell I'd have him on a plane yesterday to get a deal like that.

Couldn't find the Lebrun one.  but Eklund and Friedman are talking about similar deals. 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/NHL-Rumor-Buzz/Hawks-Ducks-Lightning-Coyotes-and-Wings-rumors/242/82821

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/02/friedmans-latest-avalanche.html

Based on the needs of each club, the Lightning are probably looking for one of the Ducks top-three; Hampus Lindholm, Sami Vatanen or Cam Fowler and have a number of forwards they could offer, but Anaheim would likely be looking for a top offensive forward like Tyler Johnson or Jonathan Drouin(both RFA’s) back from Tampa.

The Avs are definitely on the path to a reset using Matt Duchene and Gabriel Landeskog to bring back young assets. GM Joe Sakic would likely target prospects like Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour, Josh Manson or Jacob Larsson.

Just for salary purposes, I think the TB one looks more promising for us.  The Colorado one wouldn't make sense financially, unless the Avs take with one of the prospects Despres.  (I really think Despres is going to retire, so we'd still be on the hook for the cap hit, unless we trade his cap money like Pronger and Datsyuk)

Interesting.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-scouting-avs-pens-flyers-islanders-saber-ducks-senators-stars/2017/02/10/

On Scouting the Buffalo Sabres and Anaheim Ducks …

Chad DeDominicis: Scouts listed to attend last night’s Sabres – Ducks game: Montreal Canadiens (2), Chicago Blackhawks, Ottawa Senators, Colorado Avalanche, Boston Bruins, Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, New Jersey Devils, Edmonton Oilers, Detroit Red Wings and the Dallas Stars.

Chad DeDominicis: Penguins Associate GM Jason Botterill was listed to attend the game.

Chad DeDominicis: Stars Director of Scouting and Player Development was listed to attend the game.

Trade Deadline primer for Pacific Division

Here is a new one.  I still think our D is what is going to get traded, but NHL.com thinks differently.  I think they are off, but Berns is an interesting trade chip.

ANAHEIM DUCKS (29-17-10, 68 points)

Where they stand: Second place in Pacific Division

What they need: Scoring forward

Pending UFAs: C Nate Thompson, D Korbinian Holzer; G Jonathan Bernier

Pending RFAs: LW Joseph Cramarossa, C Logan Shaw 

Projected cap space at deadline: $2.8 million (with LTIR relief)

Current contracts: 46 of 50

2017 NHL Draft selections: 5 (1, 2*, 3*, 4, 5) * conditional pick

Projected targets: RW Radim Vrbata, Arizona Coyotes; RW Alexandre Burrows, Vancouver Canucks

Potential assets: D Josh Manson, D Sami Vatanen, D Shea Theodore, G Jonathan Bernier

Biggest trade chip: Bernier. With the Ducks up against the cap, moving Bernier would allow them to add a legitimate goal-scorer.

2016 deadline: Quieter, by the standards of Ducks GM Bob Murray. He "only" made two trades, on deadline day, but did most of his work in January, acquiring forward Ryan Garbutt from the Chicago Blackhawks and forward David Perron from the Pittsburgh Penguins.

GM's deadline track record: "Trader Bob" is refreshingly old school. He likes to make trades, lots of them. He made four on deadline day in 2015 and two other in the week leading up to the deadline.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Claude Julien got hired by the Canadiens.  Thus dies my unrealistic dream. 

And the Canadians fire their head coach, while they are in first place.  Tough Crowd in Montreal.  It'll be interesting to see where they finish.  Hindsight is going to have a field day on this one.