• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I caught the 2nd half of the game.  We really didn't get much going offensively so I'm satisfied with the point since we didn't play that well.  Its about that time we start wondering about what Bob might be thinking trade wise.  Seems like the same old refrain.  We need help up front.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Friedman eyes suitors for Ducks’ defensive trade chips

Not much info.  But you have to wonder.  colorado might be in full sell mode.  Although, I would think Vatanen has to be talked about.  Ducks are not a max cap team, and shedding Vatanen $4.875 million cap hit for the next 3 1/3 years would be big when you can replace him with less than a million Theodore or Montour.

tough to believe that the Ducks do worse then the Panthers and Coyotes.  It doesn't exactly say that they do but rather that his season we've had a pretty massive ratings drop off.  Part of it is probably the markets short attention span.  They mentioned the presidential election coverage...that's a tough buy for me, but maybe it had some kind of impact.  The Ducks wont be getting to many eyes and ears for just doing well in the regular season.  We need another good post season run.

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

tough to believe that the Ducks do worse then the Panthers and Coyotes.  It doesn't exactly say that they do but rather that his season we've had a pretty massive ratings drop off.  Part of it is probably the markets short attention span.  They mentioned the presidential election coverage...that's a tough buy for me, but maybe it had some kind of impact.  The Ducks wont be getting to many eyes and ears for just doing well in the regular season.  We need another good post season run.

The Teams marketing department needs to focus on Rakell, Kesler & Fowler alot more than Perry & Getzlaf.
People aren't going to be excited to watch games if the players their mainly advertising haven't played as good as Rakell & Kesler in a very long time.

Rangers were maybe not getting as many shots through to the net but they had a lot of premium opportunities and they converted often enough.  The D was bad tonight.  It felt like through the 2nd period the score could have easily been 4 or 5 to 1.  Gibson made like 3 or 4 sportscenter saves.  Also, our scoring is in a legit funk right now which is not helpful. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Rangers were maybe not getting as many shots through to the net but they had a lot of premium opportunities and they converted often enough.  The D was bad tonight.  It felt like through the 2nd period the score could have easily been 4 or 5 to 1.  Gibson made like 3 or 4 sportscenter saves.  Also, our scoring is in a legit funk right now which is not helpful. 

Personally, line 1, 2, 3 are solid.  Although our "1" line really needs to be our 3 line.  Early on, I did notice that the #4 line was getting worked by the Rangers. 

Let's put it this way.  Ryan Getzlaf, -3, 26 minutes of play time, Rakell -3, 24 minutes of play.  Kessler and Silfverberg -1, 18 and 19 minutes.  How the hell does that happen?  Oh and Cogs had 12 minutes.  Ritchie/Vermette/Kase had 11 minutes with Vermette getting 13 minutes. 

This team is the definition of average.  The Ducks are 7-7-4 against current West playoff teams plus Calgary this season. 6-5-2 against East plus Boston

That's about as mediocre as it gets. Be thankful for an incredibly weak Pacific division.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:33 PM, gotbeer said:

Friedman eyes suitors for Ducks’ defensive trade chips

Not much info.  But you have to wonder.  colorado might be in full sell mode.  Although, I would think Vatanen has to be talked about.  Ducks are not a max cap team, and shedding Vatanen $4.875 million cap hit for the next 3 1/3 years would be big when you can replace him with less than a million Theodore or Montour.

we have been last few years. and definitely are now.

i think they shed vatanen just so they dont have to lose manson in draft. they can't keep both. 

agreed i think montour can fill his role.

and theodore.

and larsson!

what a pile of riches they have at D.

22 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

This team is the definition of average.  The Ducks are 7-7-4 against current West playoff teams plus Calgary this season. 6-5-2 against East plus Boston

That's about as mediocre as it gets. Be thankful for an incredibly weak Pacific division.

this seems about right to me.  I cant really think of any stretch this season where the team looked dominant.  We're beating the bad teams and its been 50/50 vs. good to decent ones.  Hopefully it comes together down the stretch.  I do feel like we have the pieces to get really hot, especially if we can finally get real help up front.  If anything theres one thing to be happy about at least this season.  I would say that Gibson has proven to be a very good #1 goalie.  Thats at least one big issue we dont have worry about going forward.