• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

I really do wonder if the Wild will lay an egg in the playoffs in traditional Bruce Boudreau fashion or if they'll be the team to get the monkey off his back. That team is a well oiled machine.

As long as it not at our expense I hope he does well.  Brucie gets a really unfair rap IMO.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

As long as it not at our expense I hope he does well.  Brucie gets a really unfair rap IMO.  

he's a nice guy but hard to say the rap is unfair.

he got clearly outcoached in most of those series we lost. like the hawks WCF, coach Q made changes putting toews and kane together, and we didn't make any changes to respond.

all we did was keep doing the same thing and watch the stanley cup fall from our hands game after game.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

he's a nice guy but hard to say the rap is unfair.

he got clearly outcoached in most of those series we lost. like the hawks WCF, coach Q made changes putting toews and kane together, and we didn't make any changes to respond.

all we did was keep doing the same thing and watch the stanley cup fall from our hands game after game.

I seem to recall the Ducks shuffling stuff around quite a bit in that series.  I could be wrong tho.  I don't think it makes that big a difference tho.  We played like shit in the decisive games.  That's not on Bruce.  The guy wins and wins and wins.  It's not an accident. 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I seem to recall the Ducks shuffling stuff around quite a bit in that series.  I could be wrong tho.  I don't think it makes that big a difference tho.  We played like shit in the decisive games.  That's not on Bruce.  The guy wins and wins and wins.  It's not an accident. 

oh yeah, he's clearly a proven winner. no question there.

i just think sometimes in a series he doesn't adapt fast enough. 

four game 7 losses, at home, after leading each series 3-2, is no accident either.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

four game 7 losses, at home, after leading each series 3-2, is no accident either.

IMO, the problem with bruce.  In a one game situation, you can prepare and execute a specific strategy.

In a 7 game situation.  Strategies are constantly changing.  It's all about adapting and attacking. 

I think it goes back to the Blackhawks series.  We looked dominating games 1-5.  Then their coaches started making changes.  And it just seemed like Bruce and 1 game situations is checkers, and what the Blackhawks coach was playing was chess. 

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

IMO, the problem with bruce.  In a one game situation, you can prepare and execute a specific strategy.

In a 7 game situation.  Strategies are constantly changing.  It's all about adapting and attacking. 

I think it goes back to the Blackhawks series.  We looked dominating games 1-5.  Then their coaches started making changes.  And it just seemed like Bruce and 1 game situations is checkers, and what the Blackhawks coach was playing was chess. 

You may be right.  I just can't get past the way some guys played.  It's tough for me to imagine any plan would have changed anything.  Between Boudreau, Yawney, Maclean.  Man, that's a lot of hockey brain power.  Quinville is a good coach.  Great even, but as I said it's tough for me buy that he was the difference.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Do you guys think we're better off with Carlyle ?

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

You may be right.  I just can't get past the way some guys played.  It's tough for me to imagine any plan would have changed anything.  Between Boudreau, Yawney, Maclean.  Man, that's a lot of hockey brain power.  Quinville is a good coach.  Great even, but as I said it's tough for me buy that he was the difference.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Do you guys think we're better off with Carlyle ?

We'll see during the playoffs. 

Fuck.  oilers scored. 

On 1/25/2017 at 5:15 PM, mrwicked said:

Rule of 4: Anything can happen once (50/50), maybe twice (75/25), probably not three times(87.5/12.5), and when you get to 4 (93.75/6.25), you go all in that there's a reason why something is happening.

Only a fool bucks 94 percent probability that something isn't random.