• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

John Gibson season save percentage .920 ,same as last year & nearly the same amount of games started already.

As opposed to last year, he's now facing alot more quality scoring chances against him & shots faced per game seems up too.

If he finishes the season strong like last year were looking at Gibson having a .925 SV%

Bernier has dropped to .897 SV% for 43rd out of 47 ranked NHL goalies. He's horrible.

Let Vegas have Bernier.

6 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

John Gibson season save percentage .920 ,same as last year & nearly the same amount of games started already.

As opposed to last year, he's now facing alot more quality scoring chances against him & shots faced per game seems up too.

If he finishes the season strong like last year were looking at Gibson having a .925 SV%

Bernier has dropped to .897 SV% for 43rd out of 47 ranked NHL goalies. He's horrible.

Let Vegas have Bernier.

You take out that one game where he gave up I think 6 goals since Gibson had the runs, his numbers look a lot different.  I think from that one game, he went from a .920ish % to the .897%.  At times, Bernier looked just as good as Gibson.  But to Carlyle's credit, he knows Gibson is the future, and Bernier is just this years backup.  Even when it looked dicey for Gibson.

Gibson has been great lately.  I think a good bit his early inconsistency was tied to the pretty bad defensive play as well.  He wasn't playing badly, he just wasn't bailing us out.  He's been locked in for a month or so now tho for sure. 

Bernier is a fine back up.  Better then average I think. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

New York Rangers Trade Targets: Anaheim Ducks Blockbuster

From a blog.  So pure speculation.  And no way would we do the trade of Rakell or Silfverberg.  Just no way. 

But saying that, he said something interesting.

Sami Vatanen would require the world to pry from Anaheim,

If that is what the feelings are around the league.  Maybe we can get a real good young forward for him.  While I would hate to lose Vatanen, he is one player that we have very ready and able replacements in the form of Theodore and Montour for him. 

thoughts?

McKenzie’s trade talk: Penguins shop Fleury, Coyotes have pieces to sell

Specifically, McKenzie points to hulking center Martin Hanzal and injured scoring defenseman Michael Stone.

As Avalanche begin rebuilding, stars Gabriel Landeskog, Matt Duchene could be on the table

the names that garner the most interest are captain Gabriel Landeskog and star center Matt Duchene.

Would we have interest?

i can see them trading vatanen, probably in the offseason.

so we dont lose a d man in the draft.

we have spots to preserve forwards, so they would probably want a win-now top 3 / top 6, and maybe a youngster mantha type.

vatanen will cost a lot to whomever gets him. hes gold in the current nhl.

11 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i can see them trading vatanen, probably in the offseason.

so we dont lose a d man in the draft.

we have spots to preserve forwards, so they would probably want a win-now top 3 / top 6, and maybe a youngster mantha type.

vatanen will cost a lot to whomever gets him. hes gold in the current nhl.

Right Handed defenseman are a premium indeed. Montour is the next young RH D they got.