• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

12 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Although it was a back to back game, with points being extra important to secure a top 2 spot in the division they needed Gibson for the easy win. Hopefully Tampa shows up against Edmonton instead of just rolling over for Edmonton.

Sharks probably won't lose another game til April.

The good news is that even though they've been better then us, the Sharks aren't exactly world beaters.  That team is beatable.  They'll lose some games.  Edmonton is young, and I don't think much of their d corps.  Good team going forward but I don't know that they're in the same class as Minnesota and Chicago.  Definitely not the good east coast teams.  The Ducks have talent and via trade can get better.  But they need to get some kind of cohesiveness going.  They turn the puck over constantly.  They seem like they get caught standing around often.  Especially in their D zone and most annoyingly the offense doesn't seem to have any kind of identity.  They don't forcheck.  They don't crowd the net.  They most always end up on the boards and harmless. To me that's shit coaching. 

There's some chemistry with the Ritchie Vermette Kase line, but that's fucked for the next 10 game.  Maybe Thompson can fill in ? The Kesler line is good, but they were never going to maintain the shooting % they had going earlier in the year.  They pack punch but continue to primarily be a shut down line.  We NEED Perry, Getzlaf and Rakell to being a top line.  I've been happy with Getzlaf recently, but Rakell has slowed down quite a bit and Perry has just been shit.  The guy doesn't even skate.  We're fortunate that the Pacific just isn't very good right now. We can still turn this thing around. 

50 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If you guys had to choose, would you rather have Landeskog or Drouin ?

I'd go Land o Lakes.  He's secured till 2021 at under $6 million.  He's 24 years old.  And he's been a C so that means he is good in the clubhouse.

With Drouin.  We know his rep.  Drouin is cheaper.  But he will be a RFA after this season.  Judging by how he has acted so far, I don't know if that is going to be an easy negotiation, he could ask for the moon and stick with it.  To the point that the team may need to sign him year to year, which means in 2 years he could be gone. 

It would be so much easier if Murray was able to do Land o Lakes for Vatanen and Despres. 

i think I leaned more towards Drouin because I think his skillset is a bit more what we need.  We need speed and skill.  Duchene also fits this bill.  GotBeer makes compelling points tho.  There's definitely a strong argument for Landeskog.  Especially with him being under contract.  We'll see what happens I suppose. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

My ticket rep has started asking me about playoffs.  I'm not buying any fucking playoff tickets with these guys playing like this.  These idiots aren't beating anyone in 7 rn. 

We really really need to make a trade.  Land O Lakes or Drouin.  But we need to make a move.  But it has to make sense long term.

So was thinking about the financials on the land O lakes vs Vatanen trade. 

Land O Lakes is owed $22.284 million over 4 years.  $5.571 million a year

Vatanen is owed $14.625 over 3 years.  $4.875 million a year.

With Tropp and Kerdiles getting brief looks.  I wonder if it's a show off to get Colorado to pull the trigger? 

The other thought was would Colorado do a Land O Lakes and Iginla for Vatanen and Despres?  Iginla is past his prime.  But he's a FA after this year, so just a rental.  Clearing Vatanen and Despres long term contracts would be big for us.  It would be a Land O Lakes for Vatanen deal, but if Despres is somehow able to play, it would be a big win for the Lanche.  But considering how much the Ducks need scoring, it would really be giving up a position of strength to significantly improve the O.

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

We really really need to make a trade.  Land O Lakes or Drouin.  But we need to make a move.  But it has to make sense long term.

Every game that passes convinces me more and more that we need another Dman who capable of playing the physical game as much as we need a dynamic scorer.  I don't know if Murray can make that happen this year.  But it's a massive problem.  Depres was supposed to be that guy.  We got fucked. 

I always focus on Lindholm because he's the one that I feel has failed to meet expectations the most.  The guy is big and he gets pushed around.  It's annoying as fuck.  He also fucks up a lot under pressure.  Nobody serious expects Vatanen to be a defensive rock.  He just needs to be passable, which is he is.  The problem with Vats is the scoring decline.  He's having a down year.  Whatever, the whole team is struggling scoring.  We need Lindholm to be a lot better as soon as possible.  He's played average at best this year and objectively.  Pretty fucking bad often.  Dude got paid.  Earn that fucking contract. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Every game that passes convinces me more and more that we need another Dman, capable of playing the physical game as much as we need a dynamic scorer.  I don't know if Murray can make that happen this year.  But it's a massive problem.  

I always focus on Lindholm because he's the one that I feel has failed to meet expectations the most.  The guy is big and he gets pushed around.  It's annoying as fuck.  He also does fucks up a lot under pressure.  Nobody serious expects Vatanen to be a defensive rock.  He just needs to be passable, which is he is.  The problem with Vats is the scoring decline.  He's having a down year.  Whatever, the whole team is struggling scoring.  We need Lindholm to be a lot better as soon as possible.  He's played average at best this year and objectively.  Pretty fucking bad often.  Dude got paid.  Earn that fucking contract. 

With the way Bieska is regressing, I can see the Ducks buying him out after this season.  He's supposed to be a big physical guy, but players are just skating around him.  Again, I miss Stoner.  He isn't going to wow you with any O.  But the last 2 seasons, he's been a very good stay at home defenseman that can play physical.