• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Looks like Shattenkirk was traded.

NHL Trade: St. Louis Blues Trade Kevin Shattenkirk To The Washington Capitals

2017 1st round pick, conditional 2019 2nd round pick, forward Zach Sanford and forward Brad Malone.

If the Capitals extend Shattenkirk or if they make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs, and he plays in 50 percent of the games, the Blues get a 2019 2nd round pick.

The Blues are retaining 39 percent of Shattenkirk’s salary.

So does this drop the price of Duchene/Land O Lakes?

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

What the odds we don't do shit.  Like 70- 80 percent lol.

At this point.  I'm thinking it's like 99% we don't do anything significant.  Just going to be another year wasted, and if his year is any indication, we might have to buy out ghost Perry next year.

53 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree with everything except that Perry isn't as bad as people think.  He's been playing worse than people think. 

Vatanen and Despres and one of Cramarosa/Tropp/Shaw/Etem.  Will even throw in 2 of the four if it gets the deal done.  And 2 dozen double doubles.  The double doubles alone should be enough though.

Agreed about Perry, GB.

I do think the Ducks should make a big change, but I also don't think it means they are swinging for the fences. A Duchene or Landoskog acquisition would likely cost one of Fowler, Vats, or Manson plus prospects and picks.  That would severely weaken the Ducks D, which has already been suspect; Bieksa would be playing in the top 4.

In reality the Ducks need a top 6 scoring forward along with a physical defenseman who can play with either Theo or Montour. Stoner could be that guy, however he's been out for so long that it's hard to rely on him coming in to be an effective bottom pairing guy.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is a lost season.  There are too many holes/question marks to call this team a contender.  

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Perry is the one that really troubles me. He's shown nothing.  I think the team can come out of this break and be one of the better teams in the conference.  There's enough talent.  There's gotta be a change in the play tho.... obviously.

Perry & Pujols probably hang out alot lol.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Agreed about Perry, GB.

I do think the Ducks should make a big change, but I also don't think it means they are swinging for the fences. A Duchene or Landoskog acquisition would likely cost one of Fowler, Vats, or Manson plus prospects and picks.  That would severely weaken the Ducks D, which has already been suspect; Bieksa would be playing in the top 4.

In reality the Ducks need a top 6 scoring forward along with a physical defenseman who can play with either Theo or Montour. Stoner could be that guy, however he's been out for so long that it's hard to rely on him coming in to be an effective bottom pairing guy.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is a lost season.  There are too many holes/question marks to call this team a contender.  

Yeah, I just don't think you can get both a scorer and physical Dman.  At least if the Ducks trade for Duchene or land O Lakes, they both have term.  So it isn't a one year fix.  Duchene is signed till 2018-2019, and Land O Lakes is signed till 2020-2021.  And again, I think Vatanen is ideal since he's signed till 2019-2020 so not a rental, plus really Montour and Theodore can fill his shoes.  Personally, I'm still leaning towards Land O Lakes, but would be happy with Duchene also. 

As for prospects and picks.  On paper, Vatanen is one of the better under control dmen you can get.  Plus he's young.  So in theory it should be close to even.  The big wrinkle is the Eaves trade where he may become a first round going to Dallas.  The Duchene/Land O Lakes trade would look a lot more real good for Colorado with the first round pick + Vatanen + a lower prospect.  Ducks second round pick + Vatanen + a lower prospect it should be even/giving up a bit on the Ducks side. 

But as @UndertheHalo said, it just seems like the chance of making a trade of that magnitude with Colorado is like 1% right now.

Looks like Detroit is in sell mode.  And it sounds like some Tartar sauce is on the plate.  He's a RFA after this season.  I know they were after Fowler in the offseason, and no, I wouldn't do that.  But how about Vatanen?  Would we be giving up too much?  

The Miller rumor sounds like bull shit. Then again I would've never expected the Kings to make a move for Bishop. 

Vats for Tatar is too much. They score about the same rate and Vats is signed for more years. It makes no sense for the Wings, but I'd inquire on the availability of Mantha. 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Calgary is only 2 points behind.  The Ducks can't be garbage down the stretch. 

If we don't make any significant moves, I don't think it will matter.  1 and out is my expectation. 

With or without another deal, Ducks know they have to improve

Getzlaf has shown that he might be the force with the kids.  Kesler is against the top lines, so really him getting shut down isn't surprising.  Perry is that kid in the outfield picking daisy's while the game is going on.  He's getting manhandled off the puck.  He's rarely going to the front of the net to his office.  And on defense, he's playing more rover looking for the home run pass than covering anyone.  I'd be stunned if he turned it on. 

Perry's skating has always been an issue. Now, though, he looks like an ECHL player out there. I cringe every time I see him trying to beat someone on the outside; he gets bodied up and loses possession 9.9 times out of 10. He's looking more and more like Heatley 2.0

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Perry's skating has always been an issue. Now, though, he looks like an ECHL player out there. I cringe every time I see him trying to beat someone on the outside; he gets bodied up and loses possession 9.9 times out of 10. He's looking more and more like Heatley 2.0

yup, and yet Carlyle still carts him out on the PP, clutch time, OT, etc.