• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Lombardi always seems to find gold from a thrown away plastic cup.  Iginla will light us up, you watch.

Maybe, probably even.  But he's not he piece they need to even be a playoff team. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Ducks officially done. Elliot Friedman first to report it. Wow. So now one of Manson/Vatanen are for sure gone at the draft

So pretty much Murray has a gun to his head to make a trade before the following:

The 30 NHL Clubs must submit their Protection List by 5:00 P.M. ET on Saturday, June 17, 2017. The Las Vegas team must submit their Expansion Draft Selections by 5:00 P.M. ET on June 20 and the announcement of their selections will be released on made on June 21. 

Last year, Pittsburgh beat the Sharks on June 12th.   So yeah, one of them is gone for nothing.

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Ducks officially done. Elliot Friedman first to report it. Wow. So now one of Manson/Vatanen are for sure gone at the draft

we can trade after the season but before the expansion draft.

it'll be wild west that week.

might as well keep vatanen for one more playoff run if they couldn't get a badass scoring winger.

The good news in all this. I think this is the offseason BM finally gets the boot and wouldn't be surprised if Randy goes too. Murray got us into this cap situation. With our most likely 1 and done in the playoffs too.. See ya!

I don't think Murray goes. He's built up quite a bit of positive equity with ownership.  The guy has a golden reputation.  If we ultimately end up losing Manson/Vatanen for nothing tho....that will be a solid knock on him. 

I have no doubt that the premium players( Duchene, Landeskog, etc)  had price tags that were through the roof.  So like Cory says, maybe Murray just couldnt stomach it now knowing that a better deal can probably be made before the expansion draft.  The same thing pretty much happened with Kesler if you guys remember.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help us for this year.  

As far as Carlyle it would be the opposite of shocking to me if he goes.  That was a terrible get from day 1.  I couldn't believe they went back to him and it has not worked out.  The whole staff should go really.  Yawney is terrible as well.  Considering the personnel. The defense has grossly under achieved.  A lot of it IS on the players.  Lindholm and Vatanen have been bad (supposed to be top 4 guys).  Especially disappointing is Lindholm imo.  But you guys  have heard me cry about that since December lol.  I'm not gonna say anything else about it.  Anyway, Yawney just hasn't got it done. 

Back to the players tho. We've got a bunch of guys on this team that just have to be better.  Perry obviously has been just awful.  I think the previous Heatley comparison is spot on.  It's  exactly like that. The dude doesn't skate.  He's probably lost a step, but to my eyes it's not just that.  This guy is in cruise mode all the time.  If your not a good skater you gotta fucking hustle.  He does not.  Not good enough.  And it's about time he gets called on it.  I've had enough of the "some players need to be better business" Carlyle, Murray.  Someone has to put it out there  that Perry specifically has to be a lot better.  Of course it's not just him.  I don't doubt Getzlafs heart or hustle.  He does play hard, but this guy has to stop deferring to other guys.  Probably the most talented guy on the team.  Put the Ducks on your back man.  Fucking take shots.  This has been a problem Getzlafs entire career.  The window is closing for you dude.  The dmen.  What can I say.  All of them except Fowler are disappointing.  

The good news is that the team does have talent.  If we play well we can make something happen.  We'll see. 

<end of rant>

Edited by UndertheHalo

Yea, the Iginla deal ends up not really mattering much one way or the other most likely.  Sutter's gotta be pumped to have another old dude to run out there tho lol. 

For us Duck fans, the great Chris Wagner is back.

cuz.  hustle. 

Incredibly he's probably less worthless then Boll.  But still pretty worthless.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea, the Iginla deal ends up not really mattering much one way or the other most likely.  Sutter's gotta be pumped to have another old dude to run out there tho lol. 

For us Duck fans, the great Chris Wagner is back.

cuz.  hustle. 

Incredibly he's probably less worthless then Boll.  But still pretty worthless.

I mean, we lost Cramarosa for Wagner.  It would be one thing if we needed the spot for an impact trade.  Or hell, if Stoner was ready.  But for Wagner?