• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols last 30 games

16 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Who did St. Louis take with the supplemental first round pick in compensation of us signing this loser?

Michael Wacha with the Angels pick

Stephen Piscotty with the supplemental pick

Both are on the major league club.  A starting pitcher and their everyday right fielder.  

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Pujols has more opportunities with men on base because he hits behind Trout.  Seems like an obvious point.  Am I missing something here?  Coming into last night's game, Pujols had 147 plate appearances with men on, and 79 with RISP.  Trout had 120 and 66.

That's also why he hits into so many DPs.

He hits into a DP in 18 pct of his opportunities. The MLB avg is 11 pct.

Over his 67 opportunities, that's about 5.5 DPs. 

I'm not saying Pujols is great or is worth his salary by any means. Just that he's not as bad as you think. 

30 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I'm not saying Pujols is great or is worth his salary by any means. Just that he's not as bad as you think. 

He's ok....power is still there but not the all around hitting skills from his prime....But the contract outweighs everything else....So much this team could have done with 375 million spent on Pujols and Hamilton....and we already had an "ok" 1bman when we signed Pujols....he's having a pretty good year in Baltimore....

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

One thing about Pujols you shouldn't forget...

Look how often Bryce Harper gets walked and how often Trout gets walked. (20 percent more for Harper.)

As great as Trout is, pitchers still fear Pujols enough that they won't just totally pitch around Trout the way they do Harper.

Also, Pujols has 42 RBI. Trout has 44.

Trout's ever increasing walk rate tracks pretty nicely with Albert's level of decline.

I'm just happy that we're halfway through the contract now and he hasn't precipitously declined any of the five years. 
There's been a gradual decline year to year, and he's been underwhelming as a whole and had some brutal cold streaks, and we've relied on him to be a better hitter than he's been, but he's been at worst a capable DH for half of his contract, and looks like he can at least maintain this another year or two. 

After the first and second year, I was worried by year 5 he'd be pretty much done.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

That's also why he hits into so many DPs.

He hits into a DP in 18 pct of his opportunities. The MLB avg is 11 pct.

Over his 67 opportunities, that's about 5.5 DPs. 

I mean I guess he's not the worst baseball player in baseball. But he is as bad as we think. He's hitting for the season 229 with a 309 obp and slugging 400. Our power hitting second baseman has a 396 slg percentage 

On the bright side, he will definitely set one career mark with the Angels:

Just looked into this thread.

I've never been on a board where a moderator passes so much judgement on members opinions;  whether they be positive or negative.

Aren't moderators supposed to MODERATE, instead of being an arbiter of members opinions?

It's a discussion board, fer chrissakes! Don't limit the discussion, unless it specifically violates one of the tenets of the board. 

47 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Just looked into this thread.

I've never been on a board where a moderator passes so much judgement on members opinions;  whether they be positive or negative.

Aren't moderators supposed to MODERATE, instead of being an arbiter of members opinions?

It's a discussion board, fer chrissakes! Don't limit the discussion, unless it specifically violates one of the tenets of the board. 

Sorry, weather wonk.  They have opinions, so be it.  I disagree with the mods about 90% of the time, but who cares?

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes but you're a jerk so I can see why you would disagree with perfect humans.  

What a perfect example of how poor a choice you are as a board moderator, even if delivering this tongue-in-cheek. There are other examples, beyond this one. The board is more important than a mods opinion, on most boards. It reflects badly on the site.

You shouldn't be allowed to "straddle" the line between mod and member, IMO. Complete conflict of interest. Especially since there is nothing MODERATE about your style.

Facilitate the information instead of becoming part of the story. This is supposed to be a sight with some type of journalistic privilege with the Angels. Act like it.

For instance, refute a poster's claims about Pujols, instead of resorting to childish name-calling. Show some maturity beyond a pre-teener on a social media site. 

7 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

What a perfect example of how poor a choice you are as a board moderator, even if delivering this tongue-in-cheek. There are other examples, beyond this one. The board is more important than a mods opinion, on most boards. It reflects badly on the site.

You shouldn't be allowed to "straddle" the line between mod and member, IMO. Complete conflict of interest. Especially since there is nothing MODERATE about your style.

Facilitate the information instead of becoming part of the story. This is supposed to be a sight with some type of journalistic privilege with the Angels. Act like it.

For instance, refute a poster's claims about Pujols, instead of resorting to childish name-calling. Show some maturity beyond a pre-teener on a social media site. 

Can't wait to see the response to this.

I don't like how some of the mlb board immigrants come here and start judging people off the bat. People that have posted on this site for years.

WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Ask yk if he's offended.  We've been on this board together for at least 10 years probably longer.  @Chuckster70 has made it perfectly clear that he wants his mods to be fans and members.  We've also had a history of positive threads turning into shit shows when we have plenty of negative threads that that person could share the same opinion.  Sorry if you disagree with this and you are obviously welcome to share your opinions with Chuck.  As I have said many times if I couldn't participate as a fan I wouldn't even consider being a mod.