• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols last 30 games

Yea, he looks hurt in the batters box, when he swings and misses or fouls a pitch off he is favoring one leg.  I don't think it is about Scioscia having the power, ask anyone on here NO ONE has more power anywhere in the world as Scioscia does for the Angels.  I think Scioscia looks at names like Marte and Cron and figures Albert has as good a chance running into a hot stretch as those guys have of performing.  Also Albert has performed better this year with runners on base or in scoring position.  

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, he looks hurt in the batters box, when he swings and misses or fouls a pitch off he is favoring one leg.  I don't think it is about Scioscia having the power, ask anyone on here NO ONE has more power anywhere in the world as Scioscia does for the Angels.  I think Scioscia looks at names like Marte and Cron and figures Albert has as good a chance running into a hot stretch as those guys have of performing.  Also Albert has performed better this year with runners on base or in scoring position.  

That sure explains a paltry THREE XBH's so far this month.   Even Gio has more. 

I just don't see Pujols EVER getting through a full season again, without going through these bad powerless stretches.

On 6/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, eaterfan said:

We probably lost only 2 first round picks. But we also lost Grichuk, we lost value on both Kendrick, Ianetta and Aybar by holding onto them for too long. Also maybe our draft strategy is different. Maybe we don't draft low ceiling college players who could contribute early in Pujols' contract and draft higher ceiling guys who are ready later. Maybe when we trade Trumbo or Conger we trade for higher ceiling prospects or more prospects but are farther from the majors. None of those things on their own bring this from a dead organization to a healthy one, but it certainly improves the situation going forward. Not to mention the over $300 million saved.

We held onto Aybar and Kendrick for their peak performance years and unloaded them at exactly the right time and got high value players for them. 

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wonder if Albert takes his car in for an oil change, or if he keeps saying "nope, not today, I need to drive it somewhere"

Or better yet, if his car needs an oil change and Albert tells himself "nah, nothing will happen if I drive it another 10k miles without changing the oil."

3 hours ago, thebloob said:

No matter who is there to replace him, if you keep trotting him out injured, he will never heal.  Instead of 2 weeks of Cron and a return to a healthier Pujols, you'll get and entire season of this Pujols.

The injuries are a never endinig excuse.  You keep him out of the lineup until next Opening Day - on about tax day, he's going to have some feet issues, or something else.

56 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The injuries are a never endinig excuse.  You keep him out of the lineup until next Opening Day - on about tax day, he's going to have some feet issues, or something else.

Yea, F that guy for playing injured.  

4 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

It is unhelpful for a team's cause for someone to play injured. If that's what he is doing, stop playing and get it fixed.

It's unhelpful to play him if you have a replacement, we do not.

You guys keep saying get it fixed. Am I missing something can you fix old age? deteriorating bones, muscles from years of using and then all of a sudden stop when you got paid huge. There is nothing to fix he's old donezo. I guess you could cut a limb or two off but I am not sure that will help him play at full strength. How did he even get hurt, he has barely played the field or ran. It is either a home run, double play, or strike out. 

10 hours ago, Kevinb said:

You guys keep saying get it fixed. Am I missing something can you fix old age? deteriorating bones, muscles from years of using and then all of a sudden stop when you got paid huge. There is nothing to fix he's old donezo. I guess you could cut a limb or two off but I am not sure that will help him play at full strength. How did he even get hurt, he has barely played the field or ran. It is either a home run, double play, or strike out. 

he actually ran hard and beat out a double play the other day.  came up lame.  

it really is sad to see him like this.