• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Talking politics with friends

The old saying goes " never discuss politics or religion with friends".

Stupid me decided to respond to a political FB post from an old friend. Well, less than 24 hours later, the wives got involved, and things are ugly. There will be no upcoming dinner plans! 

Not sure how this is going to end up, but my advice to all is to listen to the old saying.

3 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

I have a FB friend that dreams of 69ing Hillary. It's really pointless even trying to have a civil conversation with him.

if that's what he's dreaming about, why on earth would you ever want to talk to him again about anything?!? 

On 6/2/2016 at 9:14 AM, NJHalo said:

The old saying goes " never discuss politics or religion with friends".

Stupid me decided to respond to a political FB post from an old friend. Well, less than 24 hours later, the wives got involved, and things are ugly. There will be no upcoming dinner plans! 

Not sure how this is going to end up, but my advice to all is to listen to the old saying.

I feel like social media has killed a lot of interaction i used to have with people. Its not just politics...its anything people go off on.

Im all for debating, but doing it in throw down fashion where outsiders are watching is silly. Made me stop checking facebook a long time ago

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I feel like social media has killed a lot of interaction i used to have with people. Its not just politics...its anything people go off on.

Im all for debating, but doing it in throw down fashion where outsiders are watching is silly. Made me stop checking facebook a long time ago

It gives people "FB beer muscles"

On June 3, 2016 at 10:47 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Unfortunately agree.

I don't know what it is about everyone feeling the need to push their agendas and ideas on everyone, or just the ability to nonstop argue. It's even changed friendships which sucks because you don't even want to associate with them anymore when you see how much of an asshole they are to others. One dude pops in my mind because he is a dude I met about a year ago, cool as shit and cool as shit when we'd go out for a beer, but then the dude adds me on FB and is just nonstop anti-Trump and all other sorts of political or social issue nonsense......the crazy part is he's not even from this country and who knows who he is posting for since most of his friends and family are from his home country, just weird to see a foreigner so into US politics. Plus, he's that dude that seems to have some commentary or opinion on everything which is beyond annoying. Cool dude in person, but give him a keyboard and he's pretty much an asshole with an opinion of how the world should operate or how people should think or act. Kind of bums me out because I try to avoid the dude now.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:47 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I feel like social media has killed a lot of interaction i used to have with people.

Agreed.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:17 AM, Steve Sanders said:

Unfortunately agree.

I don't know what it is about everyone feeling the need to push their agendas and ideas on everyone, or just the ability to nonstop argue. It's even changed friendships which sucks because you don't even want to associate with them anymore when you see how much of an asshole they are to others. One dude pops in my mind because he is a dude I met about a year ago, cool as shit and cool as shit when we'd go out for a beer, but then the dude adds me on FB and is just nonstop anti-Trump and all other sorts of political or social issue nonsense......the crazy part is he's not even from this country and who knows who he is posting for since most of his friends and family are from his home country, just weird to see a foreigner so into US politics. Plus, he's that dude that seems to have some commentary or opinion on everything which is beyond annoying. Cool dude in person, but give him a keyboard and he's pretty much an asshole with an opinion of how the world should operate or how people should think or act. Kind of bums me out because I try to avoid the dude now.

Too long, didn't read. Try to keep it to 140 characters or less, you caveman.

On 6/5/2016 at 10:17 AM, Steve Sanders said:

Unfortunately agree.

Or when strangers start jumping in to his thread. 

I would post something as a joke, and people would lose their shit. People who didnt know each other would be going at it for hours. And all i wanted was some chuckles from some picture.

Social media was fun for years. Maybe im just getting old, but i got sick of seeing the same people post something hourly. Way, wayyy too many chicks i know (im a bachelor) posting the daily/twice daily selfie. My conservative friends posting about the govt. My liberal friends posting about the govt. Peoples food. People stuck in traffic. Etc etc. Got lame real quick.