• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone hear Vin Scully on Mike Trout?

Chuck

I have hated the Dodgers going back to the inception of divisional play, when the baseball gods saw fit to stick my team in Georgia in the same division with Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego. Could not stand Tommy Lasorda or any of the rest of that bunch. Despite all of that, I always appreciated the talents of Vin Scully. That golden voice, the soft delivery, the great stories, all of it. Baseball was richer for his presence, and the game will be poorer when he hangs it up.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that Vin is the last remaining tie that the Dodgers have to their Brooklyn days.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Chick Hearn would be my pick for best announcer in sports history. His understanding of the game was unparalleled and his call of the action was great. Listening to Chick on the radio was a joy, it was almost like being there. In addition to that I think basketball is a tougher game to call compared to the leisurely pace of baseball that allows broadcasters to tell stories during the lull in the action. Not taking anything away from Vinny but Chick was the man. ymmv 

Edited by Angels#1Fan

5 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Chick Hearn would be my pick for best announcer in sports history. His understanding of the game was unparalleled and his call of the action was great. Listening to Chick on the radio was a joy, it was almost like being there. In addition to that I think basketball is a tougher game to call compared to the leisurely pace of baseball that allows broadcasters to tell stories during the lull in the action. Not taking anything away from Vinny but Chick was the man. ymmv 

I loved Chick too but I think Vin's ability to call games by himself and manage to not have any moments of awkward silence or forced talking just to say something gives him an edge. He's the only announcer I've ever seen with that kind of ability. Most play-by-play guys would be a disaster without a color guy to analyze stuff and talk to during the game

Edited by GrittyVeterans

I got goosebumps when Scully said, "He's bigger than Mantle, and at times he seems bigger than life."

That sums up Trout. He's like the greats of generations past, except bigger, stronger and faster. And he always has a smile on his face. In a game chalk full of Bautistas and Harper's, there's only one Trout. Always smiling, never disrespectful to the game or the players.