• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2016 MLB Draft Thread

Blarg

16 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

That's nice, I said he'd hit .280 with 35 DB 15 HR's this past year.  Also, I wouldn't go tooting your own predictive horn IP.  As soon as you think you know what you're talking about, life has a funny way of humbling you.  And it's not to say I don't think you know what you're talking about, more that I don't think I'd hitch my wagon to prospect predictions if I were you.  I make them all the time, but I also provide a disclaimer on every article about my track record.  In some cases it's good, in many cases, it's not so good. 

A -- Relax...

B -- You're the last person to EVER tell ANYONE not to toot their own horn ..  So can it...

C -- I've been right A LOT...   All the way back to the AOL Angels board.   I could spend a lot of time tooting my horn right now or you can ask Tank or Brian or anyone who remembers when I did exactly what you do now.    CBS Sportsline, Real Fans Networks, Stats Inc...  I penned stories for each of those sites...  writing articles about Angels prospects was my thing.. you should have seen my rantings about the Angels and their piss poor usage of pitchers.. the extreme pitcher abuse, and injury record...   So, while you got your panties into a bunch over my reminding you of your Cron talk..  You should have seen how much I liked Keith Luuloa....   

Anyway....  I made a joke -- because depending on which version of Cron you were comping him to -- it could be very good or very bad.   The really funny thing is .. I think he's a workable player even as a Shea clone and I WISH he actually could tap into that power and be the guy you thought he would grow into.

I seriously want someone to explain to me how someone with his power fails to translate it into games...  its nutty.

Matt Thaiss said he played right field in his early college years, could be tested there as well as first base

Brandon Marsh said there'd be no problem with signability and the

"I'm focused on baseball and baseball only." - Brandon Marsh, D1 football commit, on his decision between football and baseball

Matt Thaiss said he didn't know where he'd go in draft until called; "It was one of the greatest calls I've ever received."

So I just spent some time watching video on Thaiss.  The Cron comp isn't even close.  He's way more athletic, is LHed, has good discipline and has a short, compact swing with good inside power.  It's a very nice swing.  I like the Calhoun comp at the plate.  Doubt he can produce that level of defense though.  His swing has a little Hosmer/Kotchman to it.  

54 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Exactly.  Cron was playing in a much more competitive league too.  Cron was a catcher too.  I think the only difference I see here is that Cron played in VERY hitter friendly fields, whereas quite a few of the SEC fields from what I understand are a little harder.  It's heavier air and the ball doesn't travel like it does out west. 

? Virginia is in the ACC, not SEC.  And they have 4 teams in the top 25.

1 hour ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Exactly.  Cron was playing in a much more competitive league too.  Cron was a catcher too.  I think the only difference I see here is that Cron played in VERY hitter friendly fields, whereas quite a few of the SEC fields from what I understand are a little harder.  It's heavier air and the ball doesn't travel like it does out west. 

huh?

Cron played in the Mountain West Conference, where only 2 teams were over .500 in conference play. New Mexico, 10-14 in conf. and 20-41 overall, won the MWC tournament. 

13 minutes ago, KevinJ14 said:

Matt Thaiss said he played right field in his early college years, could be tested there as well as first base

Brandon Marsh said there'd be no problem with signability and the

"I'm focused on baseball and baseball only." - Brandon Marsh, D1 football commit, on his decision between football and baseball

Matt Thaiss said he didn't know where he'd go in draft until called; "It was one of the greatest calls I've ever received."

When did our first round pick from last year join the organizational PR department?

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Meh. Not sure about the difference in talent and leagues but those numbers don't seem impressive.

for what it's worth, here's Cron's college numbers.

2009: .337/.380/.557 .937 OPS

2010: .431/.493/.817 1.310 OPS

2011: .434/.517/.803 1.320 OPS

ACC and VA's park isnt UTAH and the Mountain West Conference.