• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2016 MLB Draft Thread

Blarg

12 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Plenty of mock drafts had him going in the 30s, I didn't see one which had him in the 20s. If we're drafting him as a 1B, not sure how he is deemed a better prospect than someone like Rutherford.

The 2nd one I pulled up. 19th to the Mets:

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/06/09/mlb-mock-draft-first-round-phillies-reds-braves

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Why can't he catch?

I was hoping to live long enough to see someone behind the plate for us who could actually hit.

I think the reasoning with this guy it's more about getting the most out of that bat ASAP than the issues behind the plate.   Kid had a strong strong arm.   Catchers as a whole just seem to take the longest to develop.

1 minute ago, elixir said:

Lol Eppler 

Taylor Ward says hello.   

I'm watching the scouting videos, reading reports and I'm just not seeing it.  There's serious question as to whether he'll hit against higher competition, let alone hit for power.  His defense won't survive a year under a Sciascia-run system.  It doesn't look like he has the athleticism to hit 3B or corner OF.  So in essence, we drafted a collegiate 1B with a questionable bat.  There's upside, but not a huge amount.  

Cron?

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think the reasoning with this guy it's more about getting the most out of that bat ASAP than the issues behind the plate.   Kid had a strong strong arm.   Catchers as a whole just seem to take the longest to develop.

Taylor Ward says hello.   

Thaiss only threw out 9/18 last season a 33% and 12 passed balls.

1 minute ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I'm watching the scouting videos, reading reports and I'm just not seeing it.  There's serious question as to whether he'll hit against higher competition, let alone hit for power.  His defense won't survive a year under a Sciascia-run system.  It doesn't look like he has the athleticism to hit 3B or corner OF.  So in essence, we drafted a collegiate 1B with a questionable bat.  There's upside, but not a huge amount.  

Cron?

Yeah, very much shades of Cron.

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Thaiss only threw out 9/18 last season a 33%

And?  Arm strength is arm strength.  Maybe you missed it, but I alluded to there being issues behind the plate..   FTR, I don't think he's a MLB catcher, but that arm will play at several spots..  His bat is his calling card. 

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And?  Arm strength is arm strength.  Maybe you missed it, but I alluded to there being issues behind the plate..   FTR, I don't think he's a MLB catcher, but that arm will play at several spots..  His bat is his calling card. 

Not just arm strength..... It's if your pitchers hold their runners close also... This gives your catcher a chance!

11 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Cron?

Which Cron?  The one you went on and on about being a 30+ HR guy or the Shea Hillenbrand clone I was predicting?