• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

5 minutes ago, ksangel said:

Adell...knew he had an athletic build but an 18 year old with his physical stature...wow...now I know why others on this site are excited about him.

Here's over 20 minutes of footage from last year.

cut.jpg

By Sam Dykstra / MiLB.com | August 28, 2017 12:45 PM ET

Angels OF Michael Hermosillo, Triple-A Salt Lake: 3-for-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 3 R, BB -- The No. 13 Angels prospect added another impressive chapter to his ascendant season Sunday with his first career two-homer game in an 8-1 win at Albuquerque. A 28th-round pick in 2013, Hermosillo put himself on the map by hitting .317/.402/.467 between Class A Burlington and Class A Advanced Inland Empire last year. He's been even better this campaign, climbing from the California to the Pacific Coast League and hitting .270/.372/.407 with career highs in homers (nine), doubles (24) and steals (32) over 112 games between Salt Lake, Double-A Mobile and Inland Empire. The 22-year-old outfielder has especially taken off at the Minors' highest level with a .310 average, .932 OPS, 11 extra-base hits and six steals in 22 games for the Bees. He's eligible for the Rule 5 Draft this offseason and should be an easy 40-man addition for Los Angeles before the mid-November deadline. Hermosillo doesn't quite have the ceiling of fellow Angels outfield prospects such as Jo Adell, Jahmai Jones, Jacob Pearson or Brandon Marsh, but he's the closest of that group to the Majors and has earned a look -- likely coming next spring.

I love the fact that Hermosillo is making himself a candidate to be the starting LFer next year. Maybe this is why the Angels were OK losing Puello - they are hopeful Herm will be ready, or at least ready enough to be as good or better than Maybin/Revere this year.

I hear you, AO. It won't be much longer, though. If Herm starts next year he probably won't be good, but he should be at least as good as the combination of Revere/Maybin this year, maybe even a bit better. I think he'd be able to hit .250-.270ish, with an OPB of .310-.340 and an SLG in the .350-.400 range. Nothing great, but solid - especially when combined with 30+ SB. Eventually I think he can mature into hitting something like .290/.350/.430, of course by that time Jones, Adell, and Marsh will be on their way up.

Made a post about Thaiss a little over a week ago. He went 2-4 tonight with another XBH. He has really improved in his second month of Double-A

AB 78 Avg .295 HR 0 2B 3 OBP .378 SLG .333 BB 10 K 20 (July)
AB 77 Avg .338 HR 1 2B 11 OBP .455 SLG .519 BB 18 K 21 (August)

He has improved everywhere. He is hitting for a higher average, more extra base power, and is walking nearly as much as he is striking out. 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:28 AM, Angelsjunky said:

If Thaiss keeps doing what he's doing, he'll eventually hit in the .290-.300+ range, a .370+ OBP, and lots of doubles, and doubles sometimes turn into HR. But I don't see him ever hitting more than 20-25 HR a year, and maybe more in the 15-20 range.

So JT Snow numbers?

On 8/27/2017 at 11:58 AM, Angelsjunky said:

the AL cumulative average for a 1B is .261/.337/.467 this year, although that includes many players who aren't regulars. So let's say an "average everyday first baseman" hits around .270/.340/.480

Those numbers go up if you don't count Angels first basemen.

But more than likely, he hits somewhere in between: as I said, .290/.370/.450, which would be really nice to have in our lineup, but is not all-star caliber for a first baseman.

That is actually not far off from Wally Joyner's career line.  .289/.362/.440

Monday, August 28th, 2017:
Salt Lake (69-66) 
won 3-2 vs. Tacoma (65-70)
David Fletcher: 1-4, R, HR (2), RBI, K
Michael Hermosillo: 1-4, R
Manny Banuelos: 4 IP, 2 H, BB, 2 K
Branden Pinder: 1.2 IP, H, K
Jason Gurka: IP, H, R, 0 ER, 3 K

Mobile (62-70) lost 0-4 vs. Montgomery (75-58)
Brennon Lund: 2-4, K
Matt Thaiss: 2-4, 2B, K
Taylor Ward: 1-4, E (3)
Jose Rojas: 1-3, BB, 2 K
Adam Hofacket: IP, 2 BB, K
Establishing himself firmly as a rotation/spot-start candidate...
Grayson Long: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 K - his last 10 GS: 53.2 IP, 1.68 ERA, 19 BB, 52 K

Burlington (58-74) lost 4-5 in 7 innings vs. Beloit (61-70)
Leonardo Rivas: 1-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K
Jonah Todd: 1-3, BB
Brandon Sandoval: 2-4
Richard Fecteau: 3-4, RBI
Sam McDonnell: 3-4, R - hitting .324 in last 10 games
Chris Rodriguez: 4 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, HR
Zac Ryan: 3 IP, H, R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, E (1) - at Burlington, 13 G, 26.2 IP, 0.68 ERA, .192 BAA, 1.16 WHIP

Burlington (58-75) lost 4-8 in 8 innings vs. Beloit (62-70) - makeup of 8/27 PPD
Leonardo Rivas: 1-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, E (6)
Jonah Todd: 1-3, RBI
Stephen Kerr: 2-4, R, 2B
Elvin Rodriguez (2nd GS at Burlington): 4 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, BB, 2 K, E (1)
Jonah Wesely: 1.1 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 2 BB

Orem (42-21) lost 3-7 vs. Grand Junction (33-31)
Jo Adell: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, SB (2)
Brandon Marsh: 0-4, K, CS (2)
Ryan Vega: 1-4, 2 K, SB (5)
Jeyson Sanchez: 1-4, R, HR (12), RBI, K, E (4) - clubbin' away. His SLG is .974, and he has 12 home runs and 7 doubles in 20 games at Orem.
Angel Molina: 2-4, R
Mitchell Traver: 4 IP, 4 H, ER, BB, 4 K
Christopher Molina: 4 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 4 K

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Here's over 20 minutes of footage from last year.

Thanks Chuck...he looks much bigger now - especially in the posterior and upper chest...been lifting heavy weights I guess...

and his swing is much more compact and with a lot less movement...so it's good to see the Angels have focused on his hitting

On 8/27/2017 at 10:43 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I still dont understand why Adell hasn't played in the OF yet. It's not like he's not using his wheels on the basepaths, why not the field?

I think it may be as simple as them knowing his defense doesn't need a lot of work.   They may just be having him focus on making contact and pitch recognition.  To be honest - that may not be a bad idea - those were the parts of his game that people were mixed about.

Not that you are being critical -- but I'm finding myself questioning the Angels development staff a lot less lately.  So many guys seeing improvements in their games in the areas they needed to improve in.  

47 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think it may be as simple as them knowing his defense doesn't need a lot of work.   They may just be having him focus on making contact and pitch recognition.  To be honest - that may not be a bad idea - those were the parts of his game that people were mixed about.

Not that you are being critical -- but I'm finding myself questioning the Angels development staff a lot less lately.  So many guys seeing improvements in their games in the areas they needed to improve in.  

Plus, you know, promoting players before they get 12,000 ABs per level.