• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout's opinions on bat flips vs Harper's

laagamer

I saw this on ESPN a couple hours ago, but was too lazy to post it, glad someone else did.

I really admire Trout and the way he plays the game, he clearly has a lot of respect for it, unlike that douchebag Harper!

Edited by HighDesertHaloFan

The bow and arrow seemed to be a one time thing. Despite playing on the same team as bat flip aficionados Torii Hunter and Kole Calhoun, Trout's never taken it up. He's even mentored by Pujols who tends to stare his HR balls down then pop the chain like Domingo Ayala.

To each his own. It isn't Trouty's style.

What makes Harper such a douche? He said it himself, he can tolerate when pitchers do the same (Fernandez).

In Harper's words: "If a guy pumps his fist at me on the mound, I'm going to go, 'Yeah, you got me. Good for you. Hopefully I get you next time."

What a dick thing to say huh?

This is a competitive game ladies and gentlemen. When your opponent gets the best of you, he has gained the right to let you know he did. If you can't tip your hat and say "you got me, I'll get you next time" then you shouldn't be in competitive sports! Cmon man, the lack of respect/proffesionalism comes from whinning and bitching because a guy hurt your feelings letting you know he beat you. Proffesionalism is lost with the pitcher intentionally trying to hurt a hitter because he never learned how to lose and grow a thick skin.

I like the emotion in the game, I'm with Bryce in this one. Not that I am opposed to Trout's comments, he is a class act. But I see nothing wrong with Harper's play as well as other emotional players. To each his own is right.

MT this has been going on for years. It's inexcusable and unprofessional to show up a pitcher. It's equally wrong to bean a batter in retaliation. But it happens.

The difference is one things hurts someone's feelings the other could injure or kill someone. If you want to retaliate then throw and their backside.