• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam LaRoche walks away from 13 million dollars

Chuck

Well to be fair, it's because the White Sox GM told him he couldn't bring his 14-year old son in the clubhouse anymore. 

"FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Adam LaRoche chose to retire after White Sox president Ken Williams told him that he no longer could bring his 14-year-old son into the clubhouse. LaRoche's son, Drake, has traveled with his dad for several years and has been a regular presence in the clubhouse. We're guessing this would be less of a concern if LaRoche had a productive first season in Chicago, but the team's front office decided that they didn't want his son as a regular fixture with the team. LaRoche told the White Sox on Tuesday that he would take a "couple of days" before making a final decision about retirement, but he's prepared to walk away from $13 million."

Is his son terminal?

Nope. Here was a story about the whole thing a few years ago

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/major-league-dad-adam-laroche-says-not-big-225838260--mlb.html

“We’re not big on school. I told my wife, ‘He’s going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.' "

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/major-league-dad-adam-laroche-says-not-big-225838260--mlb.html

“We’re not big on school. I told my wife, ‘He’s going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.' "

If you read the article you would know that pulling that line from it without the rest of the context is pretty lame.

Is his son named Yoko?

this is where i would fall on the subject,

"Beyond that, though, it was about doing the rest of the White Sox a favor, because no matter how polite they were about it, facts are still facts: Nobody on the planet outside of education or child-care wants to be around someone else's kid 100 percent of the time. Nobody. Nobody at all. Even polite people who like kids. Nobody"

Agreed. Even in a closed-door team meeting, I doubt any teammate would speak up though. It's a social media age, and if anyone did actually say something it would be leaked. That teammate would then be publicly branded as "anti-family" or something similar. It's a no win situation for the other 24 in the clubhouse.

i doubt they dreaded the kid. kids should be welcome in the clubhouse, but with an unspoken agreement that they're not there all the time. it sounds to me like he just abused a family friendly policy, which leaves the white sox looking like they're anti-family and they were trying to be the opposite. ken williams is a player friendly gm. he hardly fits the mold of the new era gm. not suggesting that the new era gm's are anti-family, but they're perceived as being cut from a different cloth.

Edited by ukyah