• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

2 hours ago, red321 said:

That plan assumes technology allowing the US to shoot ICBMs out of the sky works. From what I recall the recent tests the US did were very controlled and the results were mixed at best. 

Read an interesting article about the ability to shoot down ICBM's at will.  And the answer is, no, we cannot shoot down ICBM's.  They travel hundreds of miles in the sky, and nothing we have can shoot them down.  The only way to take down an ICBM is at takeoff, or when it's approaching it's target.  At takeoff, it's nearly impossible, because you need to know where and when, and have seconds to launch your countermeasures before the ICBM is out of range.  So that leaves when it lands.  And even that is tricky, because your countermeasures have to be in range and in the area where the ICBM is coming down.  That's why we can't just shoot an ICBM down that North Korea launches to send them a message.  

Now if they shoot an ICBM at Guam or Tokyo, then we probably have countermeasures in place that can protect it.  Even LA, SF, Seattle.   All those big areas probably has protection.  But Sacramento might not be as lucky.  (of course only we Calolfornians are unlucky that it's still standing)  Or off places like Laughlin or Boise, etc.  

I'll try and find the article.  They really went in depth and was an interesting read.

7 hours ago, LHalo said:

So if Russia or China attacks us we're fucked? That's comforting. 

Were you under the impression the US had a giant anti missile force field bubble covering the continental US? The only place Star Wars actually exists is on the screen, tv, video game consoles, toy stores, billboards, legonstores, Disneyland, and McDonald's happy meals. 

1 minute ago, red321 said:

Were you under the impression the US had a giant anti missile force field bubble covering the continental US? The only place Star Wars actually exists is on the screen, tv, video game consoles, toy stores, billboards, legonstores, Disneyland, and McDonald's happy meals. 

You forgot books and what is a legonstore?

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

$3320

Approximately how much we've spent on legos for my son in the last 18 months (includes Christmas and two birthdays)

And I'm guessing the first thing he does is mix them all up so you can't build the damn tie fighter because half the pieces are being used for a mutant robot with 6 1/2 arms and no head.

I totally get where the dad was coming from in the Lego movie. 

And I'm guessing the first thing he does is mix them all up so you can't build the damn tie fighter because half the pieces are being used for a mutant robot with 6 1/2 arms and no head.

I totally get where the dad was coming from in the Lego movie. 

It usually maintains its form for a week after we (I) build it. 

Here how it tends to work in our house. 

Someone buys awesome lego set (me)

someone puts it in corner (me)

someone comes home and sees box ripped open and all the pieces strewn across floor and dumped in lego bin (me) while someone else (not me) says...look at my (insert random unrecognizable object that somehow also has lasers). 

Somome thinks to themselves (me)....probably be cheaper just to buy random pieces in bulk

Here how it tends to work in our house. 

Someone buys awesome lego set (me)

someone puts it in corner (me)

someone comes home and sees box ripped open and all the pieces strewn across floor and dumped in lego bin (me) while someone else (not me) says...look at my (insert random unrecognizable object that somehow also has lasers). 

Somome thinks to themselves (me)....probably be cheaper just to buy random pieces in bulk

I spent no less than 4 hours putting together Jabba's Palace. It lasted 5 days. Now it's a Vampire house/fire station