• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

2 hours ago, red321 said:

It's wrong to express displeasure at a town hall held by your congressional representative? If they actually physically threatened him, that's wrong. If they were loud and raucous...I see no issue with that as long as they weren't shouting down folks from speaking.

While I hate the notion of both sides do it...packing the town hall was taken pretty much from the tea party playbook and it's a fairly effective grassroots effort. It worked well for them when ACA was being finalized rolled out and the left would be smart to push for people to attend townhalls (with the caveat...physical threats and shouting down different viewpoints are not acceptable). If congress starts feeling the heat back at home you are going to see them less willing to just march along with the Trump/GOP efforts on things like ACA. That's one of the reasons why the ethics rules changes were stripped (Trump tweet notwithstanding), and it's why you are seeing a lot of Republicans start to, at least think about, fixing or replacing Obamacare instead of just repealing it first.

You are actually getting really good at the both sides do it.

they literally chased him out of the building.  They prohibited the free exchange of ideas..  but since you agree with their politics you are fine with it

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'm sure @red321  @Glen  and @the dude abides  will be right with you.

And @nate when he comes back around

Lol.  Like I never criticize the left.

I agree with what he said.

To add, the SJW bullshit and the endless tongue washing of Islam's taint by the left will most certainly ensure the re-election of Mango or some other equally unqualified retard.

So what's your take, Trumpkin?

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

I've been called Gee-Off on more than one occasion.

Glen just calls me Godfrey 

STFU, Godfrey.

Seriously,  that comes from you mentioning somebody mangling your name into Godfrey and it seemed ridiculous to me. When the Alzheimers finally kicks full in, I'll forget you twice.

Whenever I see your name on the board or FB I mentally pronounce it "Gee-off."  Fun fact: I was a G-Off regional champion three years in a row.

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm going to admit, I get Glen and Geoff confused.  I think it's becuase they both had Homer as an avatar?  The "G"s?  Then I get confused when I read posts from one of them that doesn't fit expectations.

Since I admitted that, I want you Trumpers to admit you think Geoff's name is pronounced "Gee-Off".

It's pronounced Goof. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

STFU, Godfrey.

Seriously,  that comes from you mentioning somebody mangling your name into Godfrey and it seemed ridiculous to me. When the Alzheimers finally kicks full in, I'll forget you twice.

Whenever I see your name on the board or FB I mentally pronounce it "Gee-off."  Fun fact: I was a G-Off regional champion three years in a row.

That is pronounced Jerk-Off. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

STFU, Godfrey.

Silly.  You'll never forget me.

13 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

You are actually getting really good at the both sides do it.

they literally chased him out of the building.  They prohibited the free exchange of ideas..  but since you agree with their politics you are fine with it

I'm not sure outlining that the Teaparty had an effective grassroots tactic that folks on the left are wise to replicated is both sides do it...but sure...if it gives you and Geo-off a warm and tingly go for it.

Was there video on the link you posted showing that? I didn't see video links when I went to go back so if there was and a missed it, I apologize. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure outlining that the Teaparty had an effective grassroots tactic that folks on the left are wise to replicated is both sides do it...

I'm not sure about the wisdom of the left acting like the tea party. I'm not sure the response to the behavior will be the same from the current administration as it was from the previous administration.  Showing (especially with manipulative editing) the left as an unruly angry mob is a valuable asset to those who use fear as a tool.

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'm not sure about the wisdom of the left acting like the tea party. I'm not sure the response to the behavior will be the same from the current administration as it was from the previous administration.  Showing (especially with manipulative editing) the left as an unruly angry mob is a valuable asset to those who use fear as a tool.

I'm not so sure. The promised day one repeal of ACA hasn't happened. Removing fiduciary regulations in an exec order was delayed. Ethics rules were delayed. LBQT exec order stripping worker protections wasn't delayed or killed. Chaffee's plan to sell of public lands has been put on hold. Democrats stood up on Devos nomination, whereas someone just as unqualified, Carson, breezed through with votes from people like Warren. Plenty of shitty things are happening, and many of the things I flagged above may still happen...but I think vocal opposition has an impact.

51 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not so sure. The promised day one repeal of ACA hasn't happened. Removing fiduciary regulations in an exec order was delayed. Ethics rules were delayed. LBQT exec order stripping worker protections wasn't delayed or killed. Chaffee's plan to sell of public lands has been put on hold. Democrats stood up on Devos nomination, whereas someone just as unqualified, Carson, breezed through with votes from people like Warren. Plenty of shitty things are happening, and many of the things I flagged above may still happen...but I think vocal opposition has an impact.

I think there is a different between vocal opposition and shouting, screaming, holding up traffic and prohibiting free speech.

I think, as far as the ACA goes, it was their own constituents that made some of the Republicans slow down and realize that they needed to have something in place before just killing Obamacare.  Heck, Rand Paul was saying that from day one.  I doubt it had much to do with a bunch of screaming people.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think there is a different between vocal opposition and shouting, screaming, holding up traffic and prohibiting free speech.

I think, as far as the ACA goes, it was their own constituents that made some of the Republicans slow down and realize that they needed to have something in place before just killing Obamacare.  Heck, Rand Paul was saying that from day one.  I doubt it had much to do with a bunch of screaming people.

You are just assuming those "screaming people" aren't their constituents?