• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’d like to give you the benefit of the doubt and understand what you’re saying here to be that selling inappropriate things to children is wrong in a broad sense.  And not that you’re saying in a specific way, that the sexually explicit Cardi B song is equally as bad as the Dr. Seuss comics that depict black people as dumb monkeys to be bought by white folks and Asians as traitorous caricature saboteurs.  Because I’d genuinely like to believe that you don’t think those two things are equal.  Maybe you’d like to clear this up.  

no, i don't see them as equals. the africans dr. seuss depicted are cringe-worthy in today's climate; as a kid, it didn't really bother me or anyone else, but it's much different today.

25 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And the meme is bad because it’s wrong.  There’s no call for “green eggs and ham” or “the cat in the hat” or any of the wholesome children’s literature that Dr. Seuss created to be “cancelled”.  Which is the vast majority of his work.   It’s just a brainless misleading meme.  So I said it’s bad. 

fair enough.

52 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can get behind this, but I'm wondering why this song gets singled out when so many others haven't. It seems like a lot of its controversy comes from the performers being women, and the defense against attacks on this song that I keep reading is "you must not have daughters."

And say what you will about normalizing sexuality, Christian or not I can't see that being as bad as normalizing depictions of other races as animals.

38 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

A lot of those racist cartoons were ad’s he designed for companies. He was very Pro WWII and worked for the Army in creating propaganda to sway the American public into backing war bonds and entering the fight. 

That said, he cheated on his wife when she was diagnosed with cancer and when she found out she killed herself and he married his mistress. 

Dudes rock. 

6 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Japanese military in the 20’s and 30’s were horrible people so I have no problem with them being depicted that way. 

I would assume Americans weren’t depicted in a nice manner over there either during that time. 

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Japanese military in the 20’s and 30’s were horrible people so I have no problem with them being depicted that way. 

And 40's.

Unit 731. What the actual shitting fuck, Japan?

And the US was like "Hey that's really bad! ᵇᵘᵗ ʰᵉʸ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵘ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ʷᵒʳᵏ ᶠᵒʳ ᵘˢ ᶦⁿ ᵒᵘʳ ⁿᵘᶜˡᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵉˢᵗᶦⁿᵍ ˢᶦᵗᵉˢ"

18 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

By the way the dude that posted the meme seems to have a problem with interracial relationships depicted in commercials. As someone that knows multiple couples like the one in this commercial he can go fuck himself.

Missed the complete wokeness by forgetting the woman should be driving.