• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

Dr. Seuss is mostly good imo and should always have his place for the amazing contributions he made to children’s literature.  The racist nonsense doesn’t really need to color people’s idea of him.  And if it’s true that he changed then all the better.  People are complicated.  They have dumb ideas at different times in their lives.  It’s alright for people to know all this. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dr. Seuss is mostly good imo and should always have his place for the amazing contributions he made to children’s literature.  The racist nonsense doesn’t really need to color people’s idea of him.  And if it’s true that he changed then all the better.  People are complicated.  They have dumb ideas at different times in their lives.  It’s alright for people to know all this. 

It's almost like all people whether they are considered great leaders, thinkers, heroes or pioneers in their field are flawed like the rest of us.  

33 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Will this cancellation involve motor boating at any point? If so then I'm in

I don't recall them being that large. Maybe it's the dress but the right one looks substantially larger than the left. 

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

You really ought to take a look at some of the stuff.  You are apparently unfamiliar with it. 

E36E0405-EABB-4F3F-8466-CC1304083AC4.jpeg

EC9E6AF1-E5A2-4FD5-B4AA-E861E52FA3F0.jpeg

8D3187E7-04A1-499D-A01F-B7C52CC62305.jpeg

4F9BF3DD-5F08-4578-9404-6CDD520D8CD3.jpeg

4 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

So this is where Branco draws his inspiration from. 

I was gona say, this isn't really any worse than those cartoons Redondo posts.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean it’s a shitty meme.  No one says cat n the hat is bad.  2 thumbs down 👎👎 

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

I think Tank is implying we "cancel" Cardi B.

it may not be a great meme but it does make an interesting point. UTH, why is one of those things okay but the other isn't? i saw a couple of people interviewed on the news last night and they were visibly unhappy about what dr. seuss created decades ago and how it subtlely can affect children. i wonder if they were equally unhappy about a song that celebrated a woman's wet vagina played publicly again and again by vehicles targeted at kids. do you know how many of my private school 12 and 13 yr olds know about WAP? hint: it's not a small percentage.

the inconsistency of the outrage bothers me a great deal. we don't want racism, subtle or overt (which is a good thing to shut down), but we're okay with blatant sexuality without any morals marketed to our children. this isn't a fair fight.

i don't want to cancel cardi b. , but i don't want to see her crap pushed on children. they're being subjected to things they're not emotionally ready to process.

i know this makes me sound like a tired old white guy, and i'm okay with that. my sense of morality is different than many here, and i'm okay with that, too. but in this particular comparison, both of these are equally wrong. it shouldn't be one or the other. 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

it may not be a great meme but it does make an interesting point. UTH, why is one of those things okay but the other isn't? i saw a couple of people interviewed on the news last night and they were visibly unhappy about what dr. seuss created decades ago and how it subtlely can affect children. i wonder if they were equally unhappy about a song that celebrated a woman's wet vagina played publicly again and again by vehicles targeted at kids. do you know how many of my private school 12 and 13 yr olds know about WAP? hint: it's not a small percentage.

the inconsistency of the outrage bothers me a great deal. we don't want racism, subtle or overt (which is a good thing to shut down), but we're okay with blatant sexuality without any morals marketed to our children. this isn't a fair fight.

i don't want to cancel cardi b. , but i don't want to see her crap pushed on children. they're being subjected to things they're not emotionally ready to process.

i know this makes me sound like a tired old white guy, and i'm okay with that. my sense of morality is different than many here, and i'm okay with that, too. but in this particular comparison, both of these are equally wrong. it shouldn't be one or the other. 

Weird because I have a much bigger issue with racism over a chick singing a song about her pussy. 

'Squad' member calls standardized testing racist

'Squad' member calls standardized testing racist

Freshman Rep. Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., attacked standardized testing as racist on Tuesday. 

Bowman, a new member of the progressive "Squad," claimed in a tweet that standardized testing is "a pillar of systemic racism." 

Bowman also shared a link to the National Education Association (NEA) website about the "racist beginnings of standardized testing." The NEA is the nation's largest teachers union.

The NEA website lists 1838 as "the beginning" of standardized testing in America in their timeline of the history of said tests.

The NEA page shared by Bowman claims in the first paragraph that "the day’s leading social scientists, many of them White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, were concerned by the infiltration of non-whites into the nation’s public schools."

Standardized testing is not uniquely American by any means. China holds the oldest recorded use of standardized testing.

Bowman's attack on standardized testing drew criticism on Twitter.

"If you have never been an educator, you should not be leading on matters of education in our country," the freshman Democrat wrote in another tweet pointed to by his office.

"All of the data that they claim they need standardized tests to analyze can be better understood by speaking with the educators in our classrooms."

Bowman isn’t the first progressive to attack standardized testing.

In 2017, the New York state Board of Regents voted to drop a literacy test for prospective teachers, pointing to the large percentage of Black and Hispanic candidates who were failing the test. The decision to remove the test was met with mixed reviews.

The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) also challenged standardized testing in a program for teachers designed to promote "ethnomathematics" in the classroom.

The toolkit promoted by ODE claimed that "white supremacy culture" allegedly "infiltrates math classrooms" in different forms, such "the focus" being "getting the 'right' answer" and requiring students to "show their work."

The toolkit added: "Challenge standardized test questions by getting the 'right' answer, but justify other answers by unpacking the assumptions that are made in the problem."