• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

15 hours ago, cals said:

OK, maybe this guy did have some issues. I was looking at some of his earlier work:

second001_copy_t720.jpg

That isn't Geisel's work. It clearly has illustration by Ted Allen as the accreditation written on it and was for an article written in 1995 about questioning whether Geisel was hiding Jewish roots. 

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1995/may/18/horton-hears-jew/?amp&page=all

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gender-pay-gap-creates-second-class-citizenship-for-women-for-the-rest-of-their-lives-says-lilly-ledbetter-141823766.html

stuff like this being mainstream with no pushback at all is pretty frustrating.

While all women are underpaid compared to their white male counterparts, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, gaps not only persist throughout time, they widen based upon race and ethnicity.

In analyzing median annual earnings, the Department of Labor found Black women earn roughly 61% of what white men earn. Hispanic women fare even worse; they earn just over half of what their white male counterparts earn. Asian women and white women were still underpaid but faced narrower gaps: 85% and 77%, respectively.

Yeah lets just Ignore all the other factors that go into it and make blanket statements that it's sexism and discrimination. 

18 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

By the way the dude that posted the meme seems to have a problem with interracial relationships depicted in commercials. As someone that knows multiple couples like the one in this commercial he can go fuck himself.

He's just pointing out that multiracial couples are overly represented in commercials to the point it's comical. 

26 minutes ago, NrM said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gender-pay-gap-creates-second-class-citizenship-for-women-for-the-rest-of-their-lives-says-lilly-ledbetter-141823766.html

While all women are underpaid compared to their white male counterparts, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, gaps not only persist throughout time, they widen based upon race and ethnicity.

In analyzing median annual earnings, the Department of Labor found Black women earn roughly 61% of what white men earn. Hispanic women fare even worse; they earn just over half of what their white male counterparts earn. Asian women and white women were still underpaid but faced narrower gaps: 85% and 77%, respectively.

Yeah lets just Ignore all the other factors that go into it and make blanket statements that it's sexism and discrimination

This has been an effective strategy so far as it’s much easier to blame their short comings on somebody or something else. 

19 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

By the way the dude that posted the meme seems to have a problem with interracial relationships depicted in commercials. As someone that knows multiple couples like the one in this commercial he can go fuck himself.

24 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

He's just pointing out that multiracial couples are overly represented in commercials to the point it's comical. 

Actually I think it likely points to the woman being a hoe. The bigger issue here is that this advertisement is encouraging people to not wear masks. That is where our outrage should be

Edited by Jason

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Actually I think it likely points to the woman being a hoe. The bigger issue here is that this advertisement is encouraging people to not wear masks. That is where our outrage should be

What?

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I dont get the mom is a hoe joke. The mask one is just unfunny.  

It probably isn't very funny, I'll accept that but you don't get why having kids that are each a different race makes the woman a bit on the loose side? 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

It probably isn't very funny, I'll accept that but you don't get why having kids that are each a different race makes the woman a bit on the loose side? 

The kids look like a combo of having one white parent and one black parent. 

EvF6CQyUUAAyg83~2.jpeg

1 hour ago, NrM said:

Yeah lets just Ignore all the other factors that go into it and make blanket statements that it's sexism and discrimination. 

Multiple studies have found when comparing for the same job and qualifications the gap between white men vs. black men or women is roughly $0.98 and $0.97 and for all groups women with the same job and qualifications earn about $0.98 on the dollar to men.  Obviously there should be no difference but this is like the statement mentioned in regards to forgiving student loan debt that says after x years white men have paid off a higher percentage of student loan debt compared to black women while ignoring their majors and career paths.  At least one of the studies noted that Asian men make more than white men when comparing for the same job and qualifications.  Like the fact that Asian Americans have started to outpace white Americans in wealth accumulation and education that somehow doesn't make headlines nearly as much.   

I don't see American commercials unless I'm watching Hulu and that's not real often. I have noticed that the couples and families are less white and nuclear and it finally dawned on me that some of the ads with 2 guys or 2 women were actually supposed to be couples as well. I don't care one way or the other. they're all pretty stupid anyway

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It was good when we were just laughing at the ridiculous Twitter bullshit, but now it's turned into the "lets be openly racist" thread.

Be better, turds.

I dont care about the racism. I love to racism bro.

IMO the anti-SJW have become more annoying than the actual SJW. They seem to be the ones constantly looking for things to be outraged about now. Does anyone really give a fuck what the name of some cheap piece of plastic shaped like a potato is? Or that a publishing company decided to discontinue a few items from some weirdo children's book writer? Or changes being made to one of the shittiest rides at Disneyland? 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

I dont care about the racism. I love to racism bro.

IMO the anti-SJW have become more annoying than the actual SJW. They seem to be the ones constantly looking for things to be outraged about now. Does anyone really give a fuck what the name of some cheap piece of plastic shaped like a potato is? Or that a publishing company decided to discontinue a few items from some weirdo children's book writer? Or changes being made to one of the shittiest rides at Disneyland? 

I mean yeah, it's come full circle.

But come on, the Mr. Potato Head thing is hilarious.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean yeah, it's come full circle.

But come on, the Mr. Potato Head thing is hilarious.

As Redondo correctly pointed out they just dropped the "Mr" from the overall brand name. There is still a separate Mr and Mrs. The toy sucks regardless. Kids play with it once and then it gets tossed in the closet with all the other shit. It's not life altering whatever they feel like calling it. 

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

As Redondo correctly pointed out they just dropped the "Mr" from the overall brand name. There is still a separate Mr and Mrs. The toy sucks regardless. Kids play with it once and then it gets tossed in the closet with all the other shit. It's not life altering whatever they feel like calling it. 

I think it’s weird that you have failed to figure out how deeply important it is to hard working real Americans that the mr. potato head packaging utilizes the proper confirmed by science gender pronouns.  

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

okay, it looks like the next time you come over for movie night, we're going to have to watch all of the Toy Story movies (but not #4 because it kinda sucked) so you can realize what a great injustice you've hurled onto the potato heads.