• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taco trucks

jimbo

Up here in Lodi CA. we have an annual taco truck cookoff thats voted on by a panel of judges to determine the "Best Tacos in Town". They get a write up in the paper, a plaque for their truck, and a trophy. The truck that's won the last 4 years sits right down the street from my work, so we call in orders frequently. Anyway, I can literally eat from them day and night. Anyone else as addicted to these places as well? Any experiences of note? What is, or was, your favorite food?

Yeah, It was decent enough when I moved here 8 years ago but know I can't stand it here. The rent is high, utilities are owned by the city, so rates are criminal. Speaking g of criminal, they are all migrating here from Stockton. And it refuses to progress.

SF is big into food trucks.

There are some lots that have been morphed into 24/7 food trucks and street food - great lunch spots.

But the best is every Friday evening at Fort Mason is Off the Grid - like 20-30 food trucks, good booze, live music, etc.

It's a blast.

3.14.2014_OTG_Ft.Mason_GammaNine_6578.jp

Edited by mrwicked

There's a spot in Irvine down the road from my office with Food Truck Thursdays. I'd like them a lot more if I didn't feel like I was going to die after eating off of one of them.

Its cool to do once in a while but I don't understand why they're so popular. I'd still rather go to a good restaurant. 

There's a spot in Irvine down the road from my office with Food Truck Thursdays. I'd like them a lot more if I didn't feel like I was going to die after eating off of one of them.

Its cool to do once in a while but I don't understand why they're so popular. I'd still rather go to a good restaurant. 

Yeah, it's at my office. The problem is they recycle the same 9 food trucks 3 at a time every Thursday...so it gets old.

Plus, for some reason it drives me nuts they charge $13-14 bucks for a hamburger because it's on a brioche bun and has kale instead of regular lettuce.

Yeah, it's at my office. The problem is they recycle the same 9 food trucks 3 at a time every Thursday...so it gets old.

Plus, for some reason it drives me nuts they charge $13-14 bucks for a hamburger because it's on a brioche bun and has kale instead of regular lettuce.

Are you off technology?

Food trucks have become over priced and very unimpressive. Too many people are getting in on this business model. The whole point of the roach coach revolution was to provide great experimental food at a discount because of low overhead. I've had too many poor food experiences with food trucks to continue checking them out. I go to a couple that I know but even they have been become inconsistent and pricey.

On the Westside there are a few that have become decent late night alternatives to the usual fast food options.

We have a second home in Lodi. When do they have this cook off?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why would someone have a "Second Home" in Lodi?, asks pretty much anyone who has been there.

My grandfather had and 80 acre vineyard. My parents rebuilt a home on his property after he passed away. I enjoy the country out there. Hell, it beats the desert where I live