• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keith Law: "by far the worst (farm) system I've ever seen"

yk9001

We are one Mike Trout trade away from fixing the farm. Then we wait.

the thing about those generational players is...

How many rings would joe montana have without rice (and vice versa)? And how many montana/rice types are out there?

The draft class and the free agents next year are weak. We missed the boat on this offseason as badly as not recognizing how much we needed beltre a few years ago... and this time there is no trout coming up to mask the rest

the thing about those generational players is...

How many rings would joe montana have without rice (and vice versa)? And how many montana/rice types are out there?

The draft class and the free agents next year are weak. We missed the boat on this offseason as badly as not recognizing how much we needed beltre a few years ago... and this time there is no trout coming up to mask the rest

Next years free agent class is not weak. We are no longer watching roided out baseball players. We are watching players that are subjected to PED testing. Sure you will see some stand out players like Harper and Trout but most of the league is really watered down talent filling spaces.

Next years free agent class is not weak. We are no longer watching roided out baseball players. We are watching players that are subjected to PED testing. Sure you will see some stand out players like Harper and Trout but most of the league is really watered down talent filling spaces.

very good point. That said, guys like upton arent products of steroids (or at least any more than the rest). The point being, we have a glaring hole, have had it for a long time, and addressed it the same way we have for the last few years said hole has been there.

If we had one, i wouldnt care. But LF, 3B, C and 2B are all big questions. Thats almost half the lineup. And that doesnt include SS offense wise. Thats more than 50 percent of our lineup, without mentioning a year older pujols and a very downward trending calhoun. Not to mention a "who is he" cron.

Offense isnt everything. Im totally fine with pitching and defense. Its the average pitching combined with the offense (and no farm) that scares me

• 2 years later...

Funny how much things can change in 2.5 years of time.  Again, it's crazy how much Eppler has rebuilt the farm system WITHOUT being in fire sale mode.  The White Sox have built up their farm system well, but they had to trade off basically almost every MLB player they had.

One of the hardest things to do is to compete at the MLB level while simultaneously rebuild on the minor league level.

Well done, Epp!

2 minutes ago, jordan said:

I’m sure this thread was revived due to this news. 

Ohtani will graduate shortly, but I look forward to seeing Suarez crack the list by mid-season.  So we should have a solid 5 on this list for most of the year.  Don't think we have anyone who will make #6, but I'll gladly take a stellar 5. :)

On 2/10/2016 at 6:58 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

I'm looking forward to 3-4 years from now when Eppler gets fired, the farm system is still ranked last (because it takes more than a year or two to revamp it as many seem to think), and we talk as much crap about Eppler as we do about DiPoto, and as we did about Reagins before him. The cycle repeats itself. It's funny to see the same people just shift the blame to the next GM. 

Naaaaailed it.....

36 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Ohtani will graduate shortly, but I look forward to seeing Suarez crack the list by mid-season.  So we should have a solid 5 on this list for most of the year.  Don't think we have anyone who will make #6, but I'll gladly take a stellar 5. :)

There is absolutely no reason for Ohtani to be on any prospect list. 

46 minutes ago, jordan said:

I’m sure this thread was revived due to this news. 

I see Adell and Marsh jumping up significantly by the end of the year. Adell will be in the top 20. Marsh in the top 50. I think Jones stays about where he is with Canning leapfrogging him a few spots. Ohtani will be gone but Suarez will replace him. Probably in the 95-100 range.

2 hours ago, Lou said:
  On 2/10/2016 at 12:15 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's seriously possible that 6 years from now this team is winning less than 60 games consistently.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I agree

Hey it's been awhile since I got one of these!

Now I admit things are looking up with the farm system, and especially with Ohtani's signing, but we are still 4 years out on that prediction, and that is a time period that takes us beyond the current contracts of Trout and Simmons.