• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.500! So excited

Angelsjunky

There's literally no excitement surrounding this team other than Mike Trout, who to me, is enough to be excited enough about going into 2016. 

Whatever else happens from this point forward, whatever. We've been spoiled by Arte and Dipoto's signings/trades over the last several years. I'm confused about the direction of the team and decided it's best to quit guessing what it is to avoid frustration. 

At the end of the day, we're Angels fans .... Through thick and thin. 

Back in the old days we would NEVER base our fandom over who was on our roster, so it would behoove us all to appreciate what roster is going into 2016 and continue to be fans, rather than conditional fans. 

/The End.

While I can't fault them for their estimates, the interesting thing is that they have the A's two games worse, the Rangers 2 games better, the M's 3 games better and the Astros 5 games better.  The confidence interval can't be any less than 5-7 games on either side of that estimate.  So on paper, the division is wide open.

The most impactful things we would do at this point according to these numbers is

1. Add a LFer

2. Add a SP (like Chen)

3. Add Chris Davis and trade Cron.  

4. Add a 1 WAR reliever somehow 

5. Add Howie Kendrick

If you add Chen and trade Santiago for a club controlled LFer that can get you 2.5 WAR, you are essentially adding like 4 wins.  Throw a reliever on top of that and you are close to 5 wins.  Probably costs you an additional 15mil in 2016.  

i'm not really one of those good old days kind of guys. i don't look at the dark ages and think those were the golden years. a history of low to no expectations isn't something that should be used as a counterbalance to high expectations. in my mind, and it's the way i think in general, when the bar is raised that becomes the new standard. the angels need to think like world series champions and their fans need to expect that from them, because they have been to the mountaintop. being happy with mediocrity isn't what the great organizations are about. they expect championships from themselves and it's not simply an idealized notion. i absolutely loathe the "get into the tournament" mentality. screw that, go in as the #1 seed, and make someone knock you off.

something i realized a little later than i would have liked is, your goals have to be more than your true appetite because you're unlikely to attain all of your goals. if you set them higher, when you get less, then you'll have most of what, if not everything, you actually wanted.

I think when people consider these as true predictions, they are missing the point (sorry tom and mt - I know you guys are joking).  I find them interesting as a general mathematical assessment to get a frame of where the midpoint is for your potential performance as well as that of your direct competition.  

Sometimes it can help to think of other ways on how to skin the cat.  For instance, adding a solid starter such as Chen and trading Santiago for a LFer could be as effective as bringing in a Cespedes or Upton.  

To me, these are more food for thought than anything.  

If you add Chen and trade Santiago for a club controlled LFer that can get you 2.5 WAR, you are essentially adding like 4 wins.  Throw a reliever on top of that and you are close to 5 wins.  Probably costs you an additional 15mil in 2016.  

With Santiago now signed to a one year deal, it's going to be hard to move him and get anything of value.