• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

im open to ideas. Would you prefer papa johns feels the wrath?

"No upton, no peace! Know upton, the piece!"

Haha, I'm loving the chant. I don't care where we go, I just want to say the chant.

Can we eat first, I'm hungry and I love their garlic dipping sauce. Then we wrath!

Wow!

I started a twitter acount over ten years ago to follow a Nasa launch. Since then the only tweets I've seen are the ones posted here, and a few from other news outlets. Serious question; is that page a good representation of the twitter experience?

twitter is for retards. you can't believe anything you read, nor who you read it from. it's full of people pretending to be a million different things. does that sound worthwhile to you?

twitter is for retards. you can't believe anything you read, nor who you read it from. it's full of people pretending to be a million different things. does that sound worthwhile to you?

Cool, sounds like I haven't missed much.

Heyward will be getting $58M over the next three years and a $20M signing bonus. WOW

Then the Cubs have to start all over again if they want to retain him at 29 years old or pay him $108M if doesn't opt out ... which is usually a bad sign.

No way is this guy worth that kind of contract.

Thank you Arte!

Heyward will be getting $58M over the next three years and a $20M signing bonus. WOW

Then the Cubs have to start all over again if they want to retain him at 29 years old or pay him $108M if doesn't opt out ... which is usually a bad sign.

No way is this guy worth that kind of contract.

Thank you Arte!

Silly talk.... 58 Mil over the next three years is a good deal.   Dude signed for less than was being offered -- he wanted to win and was drawn to all the young guys, he said as much.  

Heyward now has a three year window in which to up his offensive profile and position himself for an even bigger contract -- the Cubs meanwhile have three years to benefit from Heyward wanting to be a part of a winner and making history.   They win ONCE in those next three years and they won't give one rats ass what happens after that.

That deal is about as win/win a scenario as there ever has been in FA history.   Best of all, they are guaranteed to get him through his prime years.

I wish the Angels made mistakes like that...

Edited by Inside Pitch

Silly talk.... 58 Mil over the next three years is a good deal. Dude signed for less than was being offered -- he wanted to win and was drawn to all the young guys, he said as much.

Heyward now has a three year window in which to up his offensive profile and position himself for an even bigger contract -- the Cubs meanwhile have three years to benefit from Heyward wanting to be a part of a winner and making history. They win ONCE in those next three years and they won't give one rats ass what happens after that.

That deal is about as win/win a scenario as there ever has been in FA history. Best of all, they are guaranteed to get him through his prime years.

I wish the Angels made mistakes like that...

It's $ 58M + $20M = $78M for 3yrs

It's $ 58M + $20M = $78M for 3yrs

I actually meant to type 78, sorry.... but even that number is off..  They aren't paying the signing bonus until 2019 when their TV deal kicks in, so technically they are paying him 16.5 mil in 16, then 24 Mil in both 17 and 18 -- at which point he can opt out..   Any way you slice it -- it's a very team friendly deal.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The Angels gave Pujols $250 million and I'm not sure they've even gotten a full season out of him yet. 

Heyward is a bargain.

There just is no way around the reality that he has a MAJOR incentive to perform really really well the next three years.   Depending on how the winds play at Wrigley, he could see himself having some park induce HR happy season and then suckering some other team for a lot more money because.  "HRs!!!!".

I actually meant to type 78, sorry.... but even that number is off.. They aren't paying the signing bonus until 2019 when their TV deal kicks in, so technically they are paying him 16.5 mil in 16, then 24 Mil in both 17 and 18 -- at which point he can opt out.. Any way you slice it -- it's a very team friendly deal.

It's more of a player friendly deal with the team over paying and taking all the risk.

Although, I get your drift.

There just is no way around the reality that he has a MAJOR incentive to perform really really well the next three years. Depending on how the winds play at Wrigley, he could see himself having some park induce HR happy season and then suckering some other team for a lot more money because. "HRs!!!!".

Heyward has a fall back of $106M, right? If it were just a three year deal he would have more incentive, right?