• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Middle Class Losing Ground

I was pretty pissed when that 2% tax increase happened a couple years ago.

It is nice here with the sales tax being half what it is in CA.  Rest of the tax rates are pretty similar though.

I get approximately 25% of my annual income if four quarterly payments. The taxes on those checks are sweet!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/americas-20-richest-people-have-more-money-than-these-152-million-people-2015-12-02

• America’s 20 wealthiest people — a group that could fit comfortably in one single Gulfstream G650 luxury jet –­ now own more wealth than the bottom half of the American population combined, a total of 152 million people in 57 million households.

So all we need to do is take care of 20 people?

The middle class gets screwed no matter who gets elected or who holds the power.  Measures and taxes aimed at the rich who can afford the best tax guys money can buy get passed then when revenues disappoint the middle class gets hit the hardest.  Meanwhile those paying nothing in income taxes (note I didn't say taxes because someone will inevitably point out that they pay gas/sales//etc. taxes) which represents over half of what the government brings in any given year have little or no skin in the game and some actually have a negative income tax rate after tax credits.  Simplify the tax code, stop squeezing the middle class and reduce the size and funding of the federal government while giving more power to the states to govern.  I don't count on the states doing it much better but it sure would be nice if they could try without some of the ridiculous requirements and laws the feds have in place.  

• America’s 20 wealthiest people — a group that could fit comfortably in one single Gulfstream G650 luxury jet –­ now own more wealth than the bottom half of the American population combined, a total of 152 million people in 57 million households.

All on one plane?  Sounds like the plot of a bad action thriller.

No longer taxing the shit out of the middle class to pay for welfare programs is a good start.

it really needs to start here with the fact that not everyone pays their fare share. it puts a difficult burden on those in the middle to make up for it.

last year someone here showed us a stat that something like 48% of all households don't pay taxes. that needs to be fixed right away.

they could always abandon the income tax and just apply it as a sales tax. whatever will help people to have more of their own money is a good thing.