• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Middle Class Losing Ground

Gonna piss some people off here, but being a lawyer is much tougher than being a teacher.

Not just the substance of the work, but the hours. Many young lawyers work a decade of 70-80 hour weeks with little to no vacation to "pay their dues" at decent but not great pay. At that track, by your 50's you've got a cushy job and time off, but at what cost.

Plus the fact that the stress knowing an individual person's freedom, life or financial future is in your hands. Have a bad day and make a mistake and a persons life could be ruined.

Being a shitty teacher may deprive some kids of some knowledge, but they'll have many other teachers.

I agree with this. Performance is much more immediately inpactful.

so i went to google and youtube and typed in "teaching on your own terms without restraint." on google, the lead article was a story from the LDS church back in 1998 about personal fulfillment, or something like that. the list of articles was mostly self-help kind of stuff. on youtube, the lead video is posted below. the third story was about making your own play-dough, and the fourth story was about how to french kiss properly.

so yes, you were being vague.

anyone who goes into education for the money is in it for the wrong reason. anyone who goes into it thinking it's just temporary until something better comes along, should never have gone into in the first place. while there are opportunities to increase your income and hire yourself out to a far different clientele, that's not where the best, most meaningful work takes place. 

i love what i get to do, and i love that every year i get to try new things or improve on old things. i love that while i am required to teach about the gold rush, there's no dictate telling me HOW i have to teach about it, and that opens the door for new and different ideas, some that work and some that don't.

i don't know if you know any teachers or if you ever hear about the great things some really great teachers are doing out there, but i hope you'll get that experience. i love what i do and i love who i get to teach. there are some days that are really tough and make me question myself, but the number of good days far, far outweighs those few moments. i'm being paid more than i ever thought i'd make, and while i wouldn't turn down an increase in salary, i have no complaints about what i make. i have a great distaste for educators who complain about their pay or what they have to do to earn it.

i don't really have any more interest in discussing this issue. you and i aren't likely to see eye to eye on this.

There really is no way to reply to this. Have a wonderful winter break.

Gonna piss some people off here, but being a lawyer is much tougher than being a teacher.

Not just the substance of the work, but the hours. Many young lawyers work a decade of 70-80 hour weeks with little to no vacation to "pay their dues" at decent but not great pay. At that track, by your 50's you've got a cushy job and time off, but at what cost.

Plus the fact that the stress knowing an individual person's freedom, life or financial future is in your hands. Have a bad day and make a mistake and a persons life could be ruined.

Being a shitty teacher may deprive some kids of some knowledge, but they'll have many other teachers.

The nerve.

I wasn't saying which one was more difficult.