• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cliff Pennington to 2 year deal

Brent Maguire

The dude that played bass in Metallica??

No no no.

That was Cliff BURTON. Killed in a bus crash in Sweden while on tour.

Interesting bit about the crash from Wikipedia:

During the European leg of the Damage Inc. tour in support of Master of Puppets, the band complained that the sleeping cubicles on their tour bus were unsatisfactory and uncomfortable. To decide who received pick of the bunks, Kirk Hammett and Burton drew cards.[15] On the evening of September 26, 1986, Burton won the game with an ace of spades, thereby getting the first choice of bunk and pointed at Hammett and exclaimed "I want your bunk!". Hammett replied "Fine, take my bunk, I'll sleep up front, it's probably better up there anyway". Burton was sleeping shortly before 7 am on September 27 when, according to the driver, the bus skidded off the road (the E4, 12 miles north of Ljungby),[16] and flipped onto the grass in Kronoberg County[17] Burton was thrown through the window of the bus, which fell on top of him, resulting in his death.

As for Pennington, it's clear that Eppler is putting a premium on run prevention.

So let me be the first to welcome Jason Heyward to the Angels.

So Pennington looks like the replacement for Featherston, backing up at every infield position. He should hit a lot better (not that he could possibly hit worse) and my hope is he won't come with holes pre-drilled in his glove.

Kind of surprised they spent the money here, even if it is just a few million.

Edited by AngelsLakersFan