• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryan Braun

I mentioned him in the Aybar-Simmons thread but it really got me thinking. What would it take for us to get Braun and take on 96 of his remaining 111 million? That's 16 mil a year for an impact player at our biggest need in position. That's much cheaper than Heyward, Upton, Cespedes, even Gordon, and maybe Fowler. And the best part is he hits FA at the best time, in 2021 when Trout hits FA.

Milwaukee has to be willing to listen to shedding 100 mil in commitment and the possibility of getting back cheap, talented young arms.

Ideas of what it would take to land a deal? Does it inevitably take a Richards/Newcomb centerpiece?

You dont give up players like Richards and Newcomb to a team that wants desperately to unload salary. Especially when your getting a player who is on the backend of his career.

I wouldn't give them up. I'm asking if that's what it would take to get him, if so then no thank you. I'd do Heaney + Ellis + though.

Why do you want that human scum on your team?

It might have something to do with the fact that the guys hitting in front of and behind Trout are garbage, and Ryan Braun might be able to help this team win games.  Believe it or not winning is a high priority to some people as opposed to the keeping the teams nice guy image.  We willingly spent 100 million on Josh Hamilton, Braun is not anywhere close in the scum department.

It might have something to do with the fact that the guys hitting in front of and behind Trout are garbage, and Ryan Braun might be able to help this team win games.  Believe it or not winning is a high priority to some people as opposed to the keeping the teams nice guy image.  We willingly spent 100 million on Josh Hamilton, Braun is not anywhere close in the scum department.

equal.

equal.

Braun isnt on coke or whatever drugs Hamilton was doing.  He isnt a bad teammate or anything like that and as far as I know he doesnt loaf around on the field the way Hamilton does.  Between the two of them Hamilton was far worse so this mentality of every Angel needing to be a nice guy needs to stop.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Forget everything else.

My main concern is his being yet another declining over age 30 star.

Aren't we supposed to be out of the business of acquiring that kind of player?

Cespedes is two years younger, and has only played 4 MLB seasons.

And he will only command some $5-6 million more per season than Braun WITHOUT costing either a draft pick or players via a trade.

And Braun would have to get familiar with AL pitching.

Edited by Angel Oracle

If we're going to intice a salary dump for an OF them why not Carlos Gonzalez? Just a 2 year commitment at a decent price. I know some have concerns about the Coors effect but he's consistently on the statcast list of hard hit balls and his lefty power and strong D would play well in the lineup. Not my first choice but if we're going trade route he's probably a better option than Braun.

You have to remember that this group didn't want MCab because he was a douche bag. Nevermind, that since then he has won 2 MVPs and hit for the Triple Crown. This group wants role models. That's more important than winning.

Go Halos!!!

all things being equal I am sure we would all like to win with good guys rather than guys like Braun who lied about his drug use, basically got a guy fired for "mishandling" his urine sample. I would be hesitant about bringin a guy like him on board, but if I thought he was remoresful I would consider it. I haven't followed the story close enough to know whether or not he ever apologized to the guy or not, but most guys wouldn't.

Braun isnt on coke or whatever drugs Hamilton was doing.  He isnt a bad teammate or anything like that and as far as I know he doesnt loaf around on the field the way Hamilton does.  Between the two of them Hamilton was far worse so this mentality of every Angel needing to be a nice guy needs to stop.

Please, it isn't just his PED use (which is worse than coke because it gives him an unfair advantage).  It is that he cost another guy his job when he lied and challenged the test.

He is the ultimate douchebag.

Don't get me started on Cabrera. I wanted him badly and will once in a awhile look back at the trade that could have been.

Braun is way more of a scum than Hamilton. At least Josh admitted his problem/mistake/disease or whatever it's PC to call it. Most of us were against the signing and Josh still stinks with Texas. He is just another bad contract notch in Moreno's belt. Braun lied to everyone. He blamed others. Probably got them fired. Some of you sticking up for him need to watch some videos or read articles of him denying up and down. This is just a thread and I know in reality it won't happen but my blood boils every time I see someone suggest him for my favorite team.