• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryan Braun

i'm more than comfortable to acknowledge that i live in the same world, apparently. because yes "a real man" would take it on the chin when he got caught on the wrong side of something. braun's a bitch.

People lie. People lie to make money, stay in power (see Hillary Clinton) to save embarrassment to more reasons to list. wake up and get back into reality.

Some fans view their teams differently.  If you want to be one of those "win at all costs, I don't care if every player is a pedophile" kind of fan, good for you.

Woah, pedophile now? I understand you're using that as an exaggeration to emphasize your point but that's a completely different sitatuion. We're not advocating for a pedophile  or even a Reyes who is in the center of negative media right now. We're talking about a guy who used PED's a few years ago. Yes he acted like an asshole, a liar, and a "bitch" but it's in the past. He hasn't been in any trouble since and has continued to put up strong numbers. 

Personally, he can be a dick for all I care, obviously not in the realm of disgust as a pedophile. But, for the sake of your own comfort here is an interesting article. 

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/ryan-braun-addresses-media-i-regret-all-of-it-he-says-of-ped-scandal-b99151867z1-233636721.html

"I wish that I could change it," Braun said. "I wish that I hadn't said anything about him. I wish I knew more at the time I said what I said. But he was really a special person and his family was a special group of people."

"I'm deeply remorseful about what happened," Braun said during the 14-minute session. "I wish I had the ability to go back and change things and do things a lot differently, but unfortunately I can't do that."

"All I can do is move on and try to do everything in my power to earn back people's trust and respect and support. I don't anticipate being able to earn back everybody's support, but I certainly intend to do everything in my power to do that and I won't stop trying."

Doesn't sound like the pathetic excuse for human life you guys are making him out to be.  

Edited by marcosantinia12

i don't need every angel to be a nice guy. so, i'd appreciate it if you didn't characterize my thoughts as if i was a child. braun is a cheater and a liar. he stood in front of everyone, icluding his teammates, and lied. he cost a man his job who did nothing wrong. hamilton and braun are both selfish cheaters who have lied to their teammates.

take all of that and add into the fact that braun is owed over 111 million dollars over the next 6 years AND that those are his age 32-37 seasons. pass for reasons that you haven't considered because you think we're all in kindergarden.

I honestly feel like some of you are just skipping over my posts. If you don't want to read them then ok, so be it. But don't be redundant.

I pointed out his age myself, but pointed at a few factors as to why I think he would not regress like some other players. I think he would produce well through his age 35 season- I can live with his two last seasons being below his value (Isn't that already an expectation with other free agents as well?). He isn't a Pujols type or a Hamilton type. He's an athletic player who was 6 stolen bases away from the 30 SB club last year.

Also, some of you keep going back to the $111 million commitment, when not once did I say take the contract on fully. I stated  that if they were willing to pay off a small portion off his contract that allows us to take 15-16 million a year for him then great. If we're going to have to take the contract on fully then no, there are obviously better options in FA for $5ish million more per year. 

I would prefer not to have a lying cheat (in baseball) on the baseball team I root for.

BTW, that apology was probably written by his lawyers. 

I have no value judgement on him other that what he did on the baseball field.

Lol. And if he came out and said it publicly,  it wasn't sincere right?

Do you expect him to beg for forgiveness? He said what he had to say, and moved on from it.

Braun isnt on coke or whatever drugs Hamilton was doing.  He isnt a bad teammate or anything like that and as far as I know he doesnt loaf around on the field the way Hamilton does.  Between the two of them Hamilton was far worse so this mentality of every Angel needing to be a nice guy needs to stop.

No, he's just a bad human being who cost somebody his job after throwing him under the bus. Believe it or not, being a lying cokehead does not make Hamilton any worse than that. They're about on par.

I never wanted Hamilton because I knew we weren't going to get his good years and I always suspected a relapse was in his future. I don't want Braun because we won't get his good years, I suspect he might still have a PED relapse, and he's just a bad human being whom I would not be able to root for.

Some fans view their teams differently.  If you want to be one of those "win at all costs, I don't care if every player is a pedophile" kind of fan, good for you.

This cannot and must not be overlooked. If I can't bring myself to root for a player who plays on the team I root for, I absolutely don't care to have him on that team. I don't care if he's the one player between my team and a World Series championship (he's not, BTW).