• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clint Eastwood

So many great ones.

A couple of clunkers too like, "Paint Your Wagon"

Unforgiven was great of course, also "Absolute Power" in which Gene Hackman is brilliant.

Love the Dirty Harry movies and even the spaghetti westerns.

Grew up on Clint.  High Plains Drifter was my favorite for a long time, similar story-line in Pale Rider.  Loved all the Dirty Harry films and the spaghetti westerns too.  Just watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot the other day.  Nowadays, I'd probably put Unforgiven at the top of the list though.  An incredible study of a hard-ass killer who develops a conscience as he ages, but never loses that nastiness.  "We all got it comin', kid".  Love that movie.  One that doesn't get a ton of love that I haven't seen in a while is "The Gauntlet".  Like that one too.

Grew up on Clint. High Plains Drifter was my favorite for a long time, similar story-line in Pale Rider. Loved all the Dirty Harry films and the spaghetti westerns too. Just watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot the other day. Nowadays, I'd probably put Unforgiven at the top of the list though. An incredible study of a hard-ass killer who develops a conscience as he ages, but never loses that nastiness. "We all got it comin', kid". Love that movie. One that doesn't get a ton of love that I haven't seen in a while is "The Gauntlet". Like that one too.

"we all got it coming kid" is my favorite scene

Gauntlet was great. Remember watching it w my dad a few times as a kid.

I like bridges of madiso...i mean firefox, too

Even though it doesn't get the love that Dirty Harry does, The Enforcer shows great conflict and interaction between Harry and his new female partner on the force (a young Tyne Daly) as Harry is trying his best to adjust to having a female partner on the force.

Not to mention Harry's frustration with the new protocols on the force 

Since my screen name comes from one of his movies I guess that says something. I like the westerns more than the Dirty Harry movies but the cool character with the squint and the low volume voice works great for those characters. My favorites would be either Unforgiven or The Good, The Bad and the Ugly although I think Eli Wallach is what really made that movie for me.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly is one of the best westerns ever made!  But, I prefer For a Few Dollars More over it.  The movies have different vibes, but I always loved the cat-and-mouse shootout at the end of Dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Absolute Power for the first time in a long time the other night.

It was one of the first films he also directed and produced.

I remember reading the book when it was "hot", and thinking the movie lacked something...even though it wasn't bad.

20 years later...the movie still lacks something, it still isn't bad,  just sort of bland. 

Grew up on Clint. High Plains Drifter was my favorite for a long time, similar story-line in Pale Rider. Loved all the Dirty Harry films and the spaghetti westerns too. Just watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot the other day. Nowadays, I'd probably put Unforgiven at the top of the list though. An incredible study of a hard-ass killer who develops a conscience as he ages, but never loses that nastiness. "We all got it comin', kid". Love that movie. One that doesn't get a ton of love that I haven't seen in a while is "The Gauntlet". Like that one too.

Pale Rider is awesome.