• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Great" Movies You Hate

Adam

titanic id be ok with if it was just considered a lame chick movie. How it got so much praise baffles me. It was beyond

Avatar was the cartoon version of dances with wolves

i kept hearing david spade's SNL movie reviews where he'd say something like "I liked Avatar better the first time I saw it, when it was called Dances With Wolves." and ocho, that's a spot on analogy, one i thought of as well.

anyone know any details about avatar 2 yet?

The best musicals pretty much always make for terrible movies.  

The recent film versions of Phantom and Les Mis were unwatchable.  And Mama Mia....barf. And Grease is banned from ever being sung in my classroom. Anything from that stupid thing makes my skin crawl. 

I do like a musical that nobody's ever heard of called 1776. I didn't think a musical about the signing of the Declaration of Independence would work, but it really kinda did, IMO. 

i thought evita was pretty entertaining.

i still get some of the songs stuck in my head from time to time.

"on this niiiiiiiiiight of a thousand stars.... let me take you to heaven's door"

i liked the purple rose of cairo. haven't seen annie hall. anything else of his i've tried to watch was a waste of time.

I liked the earlier comedic stuff.  

"Take the Money and Run", "Bananas" and "Sleeper" were all solid but "Love and Death" was probably my favorite by him.  "Annie Hall" was obviously the peak for that era and then "Manhattan" was beginning of the decline of consistency.  For every "Zelig", "Hannah and Her Sisters" or Radio Days" there was "Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy", "Stardust Memories" and "September".  The guy comes out with a new movie practically every year with some real hits (Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris) but is an aquired taste for most.

Bullets Over Broadway is one of Woody Allen's best, in my opinion. I like most of his stuff. Whatever Works with Larry David is one of his funnier recent ones. Ever since Annie Hall, it seems like the ones that get the best reviews have a more serious tone than his straight out comedies. For instance, Blue Jasmine got really favorable reviews and Cate Blanchett won a Best Actress Oscar for it, but to me, it isn't one of his more enjoyable movies. She's terrific in it, but her character is essentially a female, non-funny version of the classic neurotic Woody Allen male lead character. To my mind, she just came across as extremely annoying. I'm obviously in the minority as most people I know who have watched it think it's really good.

What i gather from this thread is that most of us would hate each other in person if there was no baseball

Wow, yeah, some really good movies that are getting shit on. Oh well, we can't all have good taste! :)

Apocalypse Now is one of my all-time favorites. 

The only movies that got "Great" reviews or considered great by some that I hate are:

Gravity (Zzzzzz)
Mad Max: Fury Road 

Birdman

There Will Be Blood
Fight Club
Inception
The Prestige
All of the Transformers movies
Interstellar (the ending ruined it for me)
Amadeus 
The Deer Hunter
The Grand Budapest Hotel

What i gather from this thread is that most of us would hate each other in person if there was no baseball

Lol I'm already starting to hate some people here because of these movie threads. 

Wow, yeah, some really good movies that are getting shit on. Oh well, we can't all have good taste! :)

Apocalypse Now is one of my all-time favorites.

The only movies that got "Great" reviews or considered great by some that I hate are:

Gravity (Zzzzzz)

Mad Max: Fury Road

Birdman

There Will Be Blood

Fight Club

Inception

The Prestige

All of the Transformers movies

Interstellar (the ending ruined it for me)

Amadeus

The Deer Hunter

The Grand Budapest Hotel

The Deer Hunter? Chuck you suck at life.

I have it still in the wrapper. Watched it once and somewhat liked it, not enough to open the package though. I don't hate it.

These days that is almost a ringing endorsement. This forum and I am guessing most forums everyone either loves or hates things, very few people in the middle.

Bullets Over Broadway is one of Woody Allen's best, in my opinion. I like most of his stuff. Whatever Works with Larry David is one of his funnier recent ones. Ever since Annie Hall, it seems like the ones that get the best reviews have a more serious tone than his straight out comedies. For instance, Blue Jasmine got really favorable reviews and Cate Blanchett won a Best Actress Oscar for it, but to me, it isn't one of his more enjoyable movies. She's terrific in it, but her character is essentially a female, non-funny version of the classic neurotic Woody Allen male lead character. To my mind, she just came across as extremely annoying. I'm obviously in the minority as most people I know who have watched it think it's really good.

a raiders fan that likes woody allen . . . who even knew that was possible.

The thing about Gravity, yes the story was predictable and drab. I so wanted her to get swallowed by a shark at the very end after all that.

But the one cool thing about it was the first 20 minutes was all one shot, no cuts. Visually it was impressive.

After that...well, I guess it was still visually well

Done at times.