• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just got a smoker

Adam

I tried a little different approach.  Put brisket on at 6, at 225°.  At 10, it had reached 165° internal.  Looked beautiful.  Took it off, mopped, wrapped in peach paper, back on with heat bumped to 275-300°.  Supposedly 5 or so hours to reach done, then off to rest.  

Closer to the "hot and fast" myron mixon approach, without the foil.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

• 3 months later...

Smoked me some ribs yesterday. My Traeger can only fit 2 racks and Costco spare ribs come in packs of 3 so I baked the 3rd rack. The difference between baking and smoking ribs is immeasurable. Got some recommended rubs from The Butchery over in Costa Mesa. Magnifique.

Side note: My Traeger overheated and turned itself off about midway through the process. Thank god I went outside with a beer to check on them or my whole day would have gone to hell. I flipped it back on and it corrected itself but I stayed outside watching the temp for the rest of the time. The good news is I had plenty of beer to pass the time. The bad news is I'm hungover at the office today. I called Traeger customer support and they're sending out a new digital controller and probe. Excellent service from them.

I got a Woodwind SG by Camp Chef earlier this year.  Best purchase I’ve made in a long time.  The sear box on the side is awesome for reverse searing meats.  Smoke a steak at 225 for about an hour then sear at 700-900 degrees for about a minute per side.  Between the sear box and easy ash cleanout Camp Chef was the easy choice over the other brands I was looking at like RecTec or Grilla  Also saw tons of negative reviews about Traeger since they moved production.  Camp Chef's service is unbelievable, but you’ll never really need it.  Also check out Loki thermometers.  Another company with great service.  

Edited by Biergott

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...